PDA

View Full Version : Silly stuff...

Tau Zero
12-01-2005, 10:36 PM
...that just struck me as funny:

"The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket." :D

"The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER" :eek:

Cheers,

--Jay

SEL
12-01-2005, 10:39 PM
...that just struck me as funny:

"The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket." :D

"The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER" :eek:

Cheers,

--Jay

...and there are two secrets to success:

1) Never tell everything you know.

Sean

Tau Zero
12-01-2005, 10:50 PM
...and there are two secrets to success:

1) Never tell everything you know.Which reminds of the binary joke:
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't." :confused:

'Cause in binary [base 2, right?] one would be "1," two (the 1 in the twos place) would be "10," three would be "11" (with 1 in both the ones and twos places), and four would be "100" (with the 1 in the fours place).

And just for Bill E., "1001001" translates to 73 (if my binary translation is correct :eek: )... which is *much* less catchier than "S.O.S!"* ;) :D :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay

<Spoiler Space>

*Rush, "The Body Electric," _Grace Under Pressure_

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Which reminds of the binary joke:
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't." :confused:

'Cause in binary [base 2, right?] one would be "1," two (the 1 in the twos place) would be "10," three would be "11" (with 1 in both the ones and twos places), and four would be "100" (with the 1 in the fours place).

And just for Bill E., "1001001" translates to 73 (if my binary translation is correct :eek: )... which is *much* less catchier than "S.O.S!"* ;) :D :cool:

Huh? Sorry, I'm still waiting for the second half of Sean's post. :confused:
;)

JRThro
12-03-2005, 11:49 AM
;)
I'm sure he's working on it right now, Bill.

SEL
12-03-2005, 08:44 PM
;)

Well, to tell you the truth, I wuz kinda hopin' someone else here heard that joke before and would jump in with #2, 'cause I never did find out :o :o

Sean

barone
12-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Well, to tell you the truth, I wuz kinda hopin' someone else here heard that joke before and would jump in with #2, 'cause I never did find out :o :o

Sean

Duh....I thought that's because you were complying with secret #1......... :rolleyes:

Don
NAR 53455