PDA

View Full Version : YORF Frappr Map

Ltvscout
10-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I setup a map for the YORF users on the Frappr.com site. You can add yourself to the map by going to:

http://www.frappr.com/yeolderocketforum

Let's see where everyone is from!

EchoVictor
10-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Site shows "Group not recognized"...

Later,
EV

Ltvscout
10-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Site shows "Group not recognized"...

Later,
EV
Heh, they're experiencing growing pains. I see there's a sql error when trying to access it now. The site is there, it's just that their servers are overloaded at the moment. If you can't access it now, just try at a later time.

I can't expect much for free. :rolleyes:

Ltvscout
10-24-2005, 05:59 PM
The Frappr site is now working again, FYI.

CPMcGraw
10-24-2005, 06:18 PM
I setup a map for the YORF users on the Frappr.com site. You can add yourself to the map by going to:

Scott,

Can you move that pointer with my blurb about one mile to the EAST? I can actually see my house from the satellite imagery, and it would be cool to have the pointer actually ON my house!

Noble Dr. N. --- It's the house with the garage in back, second house from the turn to Noble Dr. S... (The one on the corner is also mine, but it's a rental house...)

I'm looking right up Wal Mart's... Automotive Center... :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-24-2005, 06:45 PM
The Frappr site is now working again, FYI.

:D Yes, it it. :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Ltvscout
10-24-2005, 10:05 PM
:D Yes, it it. :rolleyes: :eek: ;)
FYI, it kinda works like a guestbook. You can keep adding shoutouts even after your initial posting. I just added one in response to a scary picture that Bill posted.

Ltvscout
10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Scott,

Can you move that pointer with my blurb about one mile to the EAST? I can actually see my house from the satellite imagery, and it would be cool to have the pointer actually ON my house!

Noble Dr. N. --- It's the house with the garage in back, second house from the turn to Noble Dr. S... (The one on the corner is also mine, but it's a rental house...)

Unfortunately it doesn't let admins move pointers. Maybe future versions will. This is still in beta.

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-24-2005, 10:32 PM
FYI, it kinda works like a guestbook. You can keep adding shoutouts even after your initial posting. I just added one in response to a scary picture that Bill posted.

:D :D :D Great story to go with that picture, btw. If I make it to NARCON, I'll try to remember to tell it on Saturday night. :cool:

Ltvscout
10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
:D :D :D Great story to go with that picture, btw. If I make it to NARCON, I'll try to remember to tell it on Saturday night. :cool:
What's this "if" talk? Of course you're going to make it! You're going to get the old house sold and you're going to come and shake Lee's hand!

Of course Mr. McCrate will need a little guidance with his beverage purchasing this time around. :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
What's this "if" talk? Of course you're going to make it! You're going to get the old house sold and you're going to come and shake Lee's hand!

Of course Mr. McCrate will need a little guidance with his beverage purchasing this time around. :D

:confused: :eek: Okay, I tried to replace that picture with another one, but it's still there. Any ideas how to make that go away?

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-25-2005, 12:54 AM
Scott,

It's a pretty generalized mapping software, but our zip code is a fairly broad and densely populated area. They've got me in a higher rent district than I actually live in. (We're considered to be on the wrong side of the tracks. Story of my life. ;) )

Ltvscout
10-25-2005, 07:35 AM
:confused: :eek: Okay, I tried to replace that picture with another one, but it's still there. Any ideas how to make that go away?
Heh, I was able to remove the photo, but the thumbnail of that photo is still associated with your "account". ;) Like I said, this is beta software. I can remove your account altogether if you'd like. That should clear you out and you could then start fresh. Just let me know.

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Heh, I was able to remove the photo, but the thumbnail of that photo is still associated with your "account". ;) Like I said, this is beta software. I can remove your account altogether if you'd like. That should clear you out and you could then start fresh. Just let me know.

That would be fine. This time I'll use a photo that's not alcohol related. :eek: ;)

Ltvscout
10-25-2005, 06:21 PM
That would be fine. This time I'll use a photo that's not alcohol related. :eek: ;)
Ok, I removed you from the map. You can go ahead and add yourself back in now.

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Ok, I removed you from the map. You can go ahead and add yourself back in now.

Thanks. I think I'll move myself somewhere sunny. :D

snaquin
10-27-2005, 03:56 PM

Scott

The map is pretty accurate except for the lack of plenty of little hurricane symbols swirling around in the Gulf of Mexico. They should be there so Craig and myself can run to someone elses little flag if we need to .....

ScooterM
11-21-2005, 12:58 PM
HEY! I resemble that remark! Thats' it, you're gonna suffer the vengeance of the Polecat Lager! A pox on you and your snooty good-tasting malt beverages...

Scott L. (LePew) McCrate

Ltvscout
11-21-2005, 06:37 PM
HEY! I resemble that remark! Thats' it, you're gonna suffer the vengeance of the Polecat Lager! A pox on you and your snooty good-tasting malt beverages...

Scott L. (LePew) McCrate
Hehe. I can't let you live that one down. Just like I still tease Kurt about the time he put the black clip on positive and the red clip on negative. Ask him about it sometime. ;)

kurtschachner
11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Hehe. I can't let you live that one down. Just like I still tease Kurt about the time he put the black clip on positive and the red clip on negative. Ask him about it sometime. ;)

It was defective equipment :rolleyes:

barone
07-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Just noticed that there are over 300 members to the forum and only a few posted on the Frappr Map......

Don
NAR 53455

tbzep
07-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Just noticed that there are over 300 members to the forum and only a few posted on the Frappr Map......

Don
NAR 53455

I imagine a lot of people ignore the Sticky. I do the maintenence and customizing on a small private motorcycle forum. I added the code for Frapper to be visible on the home page so that everybody notices it. It took all of 30 seconds to set up. It is Invision based instead of vBulletin, but I imagine they work in a similar fashion.

sandman
07-29-2006, 09:26 AM
I can't seem to get it to work for me.

Maybe it's just me.

dwmzmm
07-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Got myself in there...no problem.

dwmzmm
07-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Got myself in there...no problem.

And added a pic of me holding my Centuri 1/45 scaled Apollo Little Joe - II model prior to launch at JSC in May 15, 2005.

Ltvscout
07-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I imagine a lot of people ignore the Sticky. I do the maintenence and customizing on a small private motorcycle forum. I added the code for Frapper to be visible on the home page so that everybody notices it. It took all of 30 seconds to set up. It is Invision based instead of vBulletin, but I imagine they work in a similar fashion.
Send me a link to the site so I can see what you're talking about. Then I might ask for the bit of code you inserted into Invision. PHP is PHP. ;)

tbzep
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Send me a link to the site so I can see what you're talking about. Then I might ask for the bit of code you inserted into Invision. PHP is PHP. ;)

I can't give you a link to the site because it's a private forum. I'm not the owner, but I do the admin work on it. Go to the Frappr page, click on "settings" and put your admin password in there, then click on "widgets". It's the last one down at the bottom.

I pasted it into both the the board wrapper and the IPDynamic Lite setup so it would show up on the portal and everywhere else.

Solomoriah
04-23-2007, 04:19 PM
OKAY... this one has me stumped.

On the "yeolderocketforum" Frappr page, in the upper right-hand corner of Missouri, there are three pins visible in my view. One is me, one is an "add me" link for Green City, MO (where my ISP's addresses are registered), and one is merely "Hurdland, MO, USA."

Hurdland is the little flyspot of a town where I grew up (well, I grew up outside of town, but just 3/4 mile from Hurdland). But it's not my pushpin... so whose pushpin is it?

Solomoriah
04-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Crap. Evidently, it's my Mom...

BTW: Whoever "scotth" is, would you please delete the surplus Solomoriah from the NE Missouri area? The one without a picture needs to go.

Mark II
01-13-2008, 08:59 PM

Don
NAR 53455
Well, one possible reaason is that the !#@*&!?! thing totally freezes when some of us try to move the pins to somewhere near their actual addresses! :mad:

The only way to unfreeze it is to close the page. Real useful!

Mark

Ltvscout
03-25-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm closing this thread and unsticking it. I just noticed that Google must've killed off the Frappr project. :(

If you guys know of a similar project that lets people pin themselves on the map so everyone can see where they're from, let me know.