PDA

View Full Version : This house sho' gone crazy!!!

SEL
08-02-2005, 01:44 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: < http://www.rocketryonline.com/cgi-bin/auctions/auction.cgi?all_rockets&1123287229 > :eek: :eek: :eek:

Doug Sams
08-02-2005, 02:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: < http://www.rocketryonline.com/cgi-bin/auctions/auction.cgi?all_rockets&1123287229 > :eek: :eek: :eek:
Great! The seller is the guy getting all the negative attention on the various rocketry forums: Upnorthguy (-8) (jonesy195718@yahoo.com)

He's got lawyers from Texas chasing his @$$. I wouldn't touch that kit with at 10' pole.

I'm surprised Darrell hasn't bounced him yet. Or would that be Brent now?

Hey, maybe the bidders are just bidding it up to then walk away. Kind of giving the virtual finger to jonesy :)

Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Being that Nastyfinger and Upnorthloser are two of the bidders, I'd say you're right. :D

snaquin
08-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Looks like the ROL auctions were deleted late this afternoon. (This house sho' gone crazy!!! - From one of my favorite Stooges short features)

SEL
08-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Looks like the ROL auctions were deleted late this afternoon. (This house sho' gone crazy!!! - From one of my favorite Stooges short features)

I was wondering if anyone would catch that.... Great Stuff!! :D

Should have known there was somthing fishy going on there. : o

snaquin
08-02-2005, 06:52 PM
And not to change the subject but I'm still working on the Nike Ram and EnerJet 1340 rockets. I'll start a thread when I get a little progress under my belt. Your 1340 is really cool. Many thanks for all the pictures and information you sent along for those rockets and Phred really did an awesome job on the decals. I really do appreciate your help!

Ltvscout
08-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Hehe. That was a great Three Stooges episode, Sean!

Ya, with a jagoff like that Upnorthguy trying to claim innocence, I just couldn't stop myself from placing a $1000000 bid on his silly rebuttal. I never got to see any of the counterbids before it got pulled, but I know that someone outbid me. :D

Ltvscout
08-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm surprised Darrell hasn't bounced him yet. Or would that be Brent now?
Brent has owned it now for about 3 or 4 years. Darrell has disappeared. No one knows where he is. He used to run a webhosting company. That went under without anyone being told, including Dale Windsor who lost all of that old rocket motor data he was compiling. Dale is slowly working it rebuilding that information.

I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I've "worked" for Brent now for about 3 years as an editor for Extreme Rocketry magazine.

Doug Sams
08-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Brent has owned it now for about 3 or 4 years. Darrell has disappeared. Thanks, Scott. I knew Brent owned ROL, but I thought Darrell was still involved in the day-to-day management. I had no idea he'd disappeared.

...I've "worked" for Brent now for about 3 years as an editor for Extreme Rocketry magazine.Is that "worked" as in labor of love? Or "worked" as in you work, but don't get paid much? :)

Seriously, there are several rocketeers prominent on the web who work on ER, right? For exmample, isn't Tim Quigg an editor? I've seen many a post from him on ROL forums and now TRF.

Doug

Ltvscout
08-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Is that "worked" as in labor of love? Or "worked" as in you work, but don't get paid much? :)

Seriously, there are several rocketeers prominent on the web who work on ER, right? For exmample, isn't Tim Quigg an editor? I've seen many a post from him on ROL forums and now TRF.
Yes, Tim is an editor there as well. The only other person is Kevin Trojanowski's wife, Debra.

Payment? What's that? ;) We get a free subscription and a nice Christmas present from Brent each year.

SEL
08-04-2005, 12:38 AM
And not to change the subject but I'm still working on the Nike Ram and EnerJet 1340 rockets. I'll start a thread when I get a little progress under my belt. Your 1340 is really cool. Many thanks for all the pictures and information you sent along for those rockets and Phred really did an awesome job on the decals. I really do appreciate your help!

My pleasure, and absolutley post some pictures here when when they're done.
Some in-progress pics would be nice, too.

Sean