PDA

View Full Version : After the flood dries out...

Tau Zero
07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Last Tuesday, July 19th, the "water damage restoration folks" (company name censored) came by to lay the extra carpet (which had been rolled up when my basement flooding occurred) 4 weeks to the day after the flood. Since then, my wife and I have been working at rearranging the furniture downstairs (after cleaning up the piles of stuff on the bed and the couch down there).

As a result, a pall of normalcy seems to have finally taken hold here, so maybe I'll actually get some rocket building done... except for the fact that I'll be headed to (and from) the Oregon coast Sat. July 30th - Sat. Aug. 7th.

I've been telling people we're going to see the "Oreganos." ;) (I mean, that *is* what they call people who live in Oregon, right? ;) :p :D ) --*Yes,* I know they're *really* called "Oregonians..." :rolleyes: --Just like Idahoans are referred to as "Spuds." (Us natives, anyway.)

Speaking of which... I'm getting a little restless just now. I guess I'll break out the Minwax Wood Hardener and paint it on some Exposed Balsa Surfaces... ;) :eek: :cool:

Have a great week, everybody.

Cheers,

--Jay

Tau Zero
06-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Last Tuesday, July 19th, the "water damage restoration folks" (company name censored) came by to lay the extra carpet (which had been rolled up when my basement flooding occurred) 4 weeks to the day after the flood.Last week, I *finally* got the settlement check for "The Great Basement Flood of 2005," which occurred on June 21st of last year. I was unsettled over that whole scenario for an entire month. :mad:

Today, I wrote out the check for the "post-flood cleanup folks" and paid them off.

And this summer looks a *lot* better for me as far as rockets go, especially compared to last year. (I didn't fly anything at all last summer, or since the August before, for that matter.)

Unfortunately, what little was left over *won't* be going toward rocketry-related purchases. :( ("But *hey!* Did I tell ya I *just joined the NAR!?!*" :p :D :cool: )

Cheers,

--Jay

NAR ?????

JSP
06-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Gee, what's a "basement?" Here in Texas we've never seem one of them thangs... :confused:

Tweener
06-07-2006, 08:43 AM
...a pall of normalcy seems to have finally taken hold here...Yeah, I know how you feel. My fire last May ('05) gave me headaches for at least a month or two after because of the relocation.Gee, what's a "basement?" Here in Texas we've never seem one of them thangs... :confused: That's because you can't dig one there without striking oil, or hitting a tunnel if you're close to the border. :D

JRThro
06-07-2006, 09:04 AM
"But *hey!* Did I tell ya I *just joined the NAR!?!*" :p :D :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay

NAR ?????
Congratulations, Jay! It's expensive but worth it, plus you get to include your NAR number in your signature from now on.
;)

JSP
06-07-2006, 01:52 PM
That's because you can't dig one there without striking oil, or hitting a tunnel if you're close to the border. :D

Well, they did hit a water line in front of my house a couple of months ago...