PDA

View Full Version : Sheri's Hot Rockets New Release 1/24 Mercury Redstone

Sheri
04-06-2007, 12:29 PM
This kit has some great features, see listings on ebay and my website for more photos/kit info and is now available .

website Sheri's Hot Rockets Website (http://www.cjsaviation.com)

Sheri's ebay listings (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsherilh)

Thanks, Sheri :)
http://www.cjsaviation.com/DSCF5051.JPG

dwmzmm
04-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Wow, Sheri, with the rate your new, fantastic kits are coming out, I'm hard pressed to save
up money to buy one of those!! The Mercury Redstone looks fabulous!

Sheri
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow, Sheri, with the rate your new, fantastic kits are coming out, I'm hard pressed to save
up money to buy one of those!! The Mercury Redstone looks fabulous!

Thanks Dave!

This one actually took 4 months!! At that rate Ill be lucky to get a couple more out by year end. The 1/24 Atlas should be following soon.
Sheri :D

Leo
04-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Is that a 110 or a 220 volt outlet?

Oh, nice bird BTW :D

barone
04-07-2007, 05:21 PM
up money to buy one of those!! The Mercury Redstone looks fabulous!There's a Mercury Redstone in the picture? :o

Mercury Maniac
05-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow, super kit Sheri! I can't wait for the Atlas version to come out. When both are available I would like to grab one of each.

Sheri
05-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Wow, super kit Sheri! I can't wait for the Atlas version to come out. When both are available I would like to grab one of each.

Thanks!! I just updated my website which includes a launch video of the upcoming 1/24 Mercury Atlas kit!!!

Sheri's Hot Rockets (http://www.cjsaviation.com)

dwmzmm
05-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks!! I just updated my website which includes a launch video of the upcoming 1/24 Mercury Atlas kit!!!

Sheri's Hot Rockets (http://www.cjsaviation.com)

Just watched your Mercury Atlas video -- cool!! But it was hard to see how it was stabilized;
does it use addon fins?

Sheri
05-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Just watched your Mercury Atlas video -- cool!! But it was hard to see how it was stabilized;
does it use addon fins?
Yes, it uses clear Lexan fins that slid in and bolt on just like my Gemini Model, Its a good thing that you couldn't see them!!! ;)

dwmzmm
05-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Yes, it uses clear Lexan fins that slid in and bolt on just like my Gemini Model, Its a good thing that you couldn't see them!!! ;)

Great work! My PDRocketry's Gemini Titan - 3 also uses clear plastic fins, and they're hard to see from the distance (see pic below):

Rocketflyer
05-09-2007, 07:07 AM

Then you did your homework perfectly. I was looking, and didn't see fins :p Good Job!

Jack

Sheri
05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Great work! My PDRocketry's Gemini Titan - 3 also uses clear plastic fins, and they're hard to see from the distance (see pic below):

Thats a beautiful model!!

Sheri
05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Then you did your homework perfectly. I was looking, and didn't see fins :p Good Job!

Jack
Thanks Jack!! :D

ghrocketman
05-09-2007, 08:42 PM
That is a 110v outlet

Leo
05-11-2007, 02:29 AM
Ok, so my funny little punch line didn't hit :rolleyes:

Will come up with something better next time :)

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-11-2007, 02:47 AM

Been there, Leo. Been there. :rolleyes: ;)

rokitflite
05-13-2007, 08:56 PM

At least I can fall back on being funny LOOKING when my jokes don't hit ;)

Sheri! Do some launch videos with some slower burning motors for that "slow realistic lift-off" effect! :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-13-2007, 09:17 PM
At least I can fall back on being funny LOOKING when my jokes don't hit ;)

OH, I get it! That means you're ALWAYS funny looking!
Good one, Scott. :D

Mercury Maniac
05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
I just finished viewing the Atlas lauch video. Very picture perfect!!! Is the escape tower assembly removable? Or is it just difficult to see due to image resolution? I couldn't tell if it was there or not.

Sheri
05-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I just finished viewing the Atlas lauch video. Very picture perfect!!! Is the escape tower assembly removable? Or is it just difficult to see due to image resolution? I couldn't tell if it was there or not.
It is optional for launch, If left on I would recommend a lanyard to keep it from landing with the tower pointed down. :D
Sheri

rokitflite
05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
OH, I get it! That means you're ALWAYS funny looking!
Good one, Scott. :D

You make the call...

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
You make the call...

Okay, so I was wrong about you. (But you have to admit that you've got a funny looking cat.) :rolleyes:

RocketDog
02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Has anyone built Sheri's Redstone? I am interested but I have a couple questions about the vinyl coating on the body tube.

Sheri
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Has anyone built Sheri's Redstone? I am interested but I have a couple questions about the vinyl coating on the body tube.
I can help. Whats the question?

RocketDog
02-03-2009, 06:02 AM
I am curious about the durability of the coating on the fuselage. If it gets nicked or scratched what is the best method to repair it?

Sheri
02-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I am curious about the durability of the coating on the fuselage. If it gets nicked or scratched what is the best method to repair it?
I still recommend painting the tube for durability as well as it looks a lot better. If it gets damaged then you can repair it just like any other tube, sand out the damaged area then refinish as needed. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more ?s...
Thanks

sandman
02-03-2009, 10:17 AM
It can't be any less durable than Krylon paint.

mrhemi1971
02-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Sheri,

Any other rockets in the works? like a Delta or Titan? You build some nice models, how long have you been building?

dwmzmm
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Sheri,

Any other rockets in the works? like a Delta or Titan? You build some nice models, how long have you been building?

I think Sheri only produces model rocket kits of manned launch vehicles (at least, look at
the current line-up she has). It'll be nice to see a Vostok, Voshod and Soyuz from her!

mrhemi1971
02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
If we're getting technical, the Little Joe was unmanned (but still a test vehicle for the mercury and apollo spacecraft....I know) ;)

How about any version of the ARES?

I really like the kits, several club members have them, and I look forward to getting a few in the near future..

Sheri
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
If we're getting technical, the Little Joe was unmanned (but still a test vehicle for the mercury and apollo spacecraft....I know) ;)

How about any version of the ARES?

I really like the kits, several club members have them, and I look forward to getting a few in the near future..
Thanks Guys, I have plans for future releases of the Ares as well as some of the Soviet stuff but its looking like my next release will still be several months out.

dwmzmm
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Guys, I have plans for future releases of the Ares as well as some of the Soviet stuff but its looking like my next release will still be several months out.

Great!! How about the Energia/Buran?! :D

jharding58
01-05-2011, 06:36 PM
This kit has some great features, see listings on ebay and my website for more photos/kit info and is now available .

website Sheri's Hot Rockets Website (http://www.cjsaviation.com)

Sheri's ebay listings (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsherilh)

Thanks, Sheri :)
http://www.cjsaviation.com/DSCF5051.JPG

Ah yes...remember the good old days?

dwmzmm
01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Ah yes...remember the good old days?

Yes!

barone
01-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Man....just when I was finally getting over her........ :o

UCBadger
01-07-2011, 12:18 AM
I went to school with a girl who looked a lot like her, and her name? Sheree.

luke strawwalker
01-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Man....just when I was finally getting over her........ :o

After the "drama" and cuckoo stuff that she posted right before she quit everything, that was quite enough for me to be "over her"... LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

mojo1986
01-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, she doesn't do a thing for me..................

No, honestly!

Hey, guys, I really MEAN it...................

Wait a minute, I can't find my pulse.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHH!!!

dyaugo
01-07-2011, 11:35 PM
There's a Mercury Redstone in the picture? :o

I saw the rocket...I don't get it? :confused:

tbzep
01-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I saw the rocket...I don't get it? :confused:
And you never will.

Badum-CHING. (http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot) :chuckle:

bob jablonski
01-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Atleast the kits are now slowly coming back in reality not vaperware thanks to Crazy Dave at Red Arrow. The new Saturn 5 nozzles do look good as with the reworked Mercury capsule.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
www.starlightrocketry.com

luke strawwalker
01-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Atleast the kits are now slowly coming back in reality not vaperware thanks to Crazy Dave at Red Arrow. The new Saturn 5 nozzles do look good as with the reworked Mercury capsule.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

I'll bet... I visited Dave at Red Arrow last summer, and he showed me the stuff she was sending out with the kits... he had a sculptor reworking the molds for Gemini capsules at the time, and the master looked TERRIFIC... the stuff Sheri was sending out looked "okay" on one side, but the other side was nearly SLICK-- all the detail had worn off the molds from pulling too many capsules from the same mold... VERY poor quality! No wonder Sheri had more than a few folks unhappy with her, if they even got their stuff at all that is!

Glad to hear that Dave has the kits coming back into the pipeline and that the quality should be there too... I know the Gemini capsule looked AMAZING!

barone
01-09-2011, 08:25 AM
And you never will.

Badum-CHING. (http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot) :chuckle:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagle3
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Dave brought a prototype of the new Mercury capsule to our November launch and donated a prototype MR kit to our club Christmas party auction. The detail on the new capsule is amazing. I believe he's getting close with the new Gemini capsule as well.

Brent
01-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Dave brought a prototype of the new Mercury capsule to our November launch and donated a prototype MR kit to our club Christmas party auction. The detail on the new capsule is amazing. I believe he's getting close with the new Gemini capsule as well.

Do they still use the U- Line tubes that Sheri was using? They were almost like carpet roll tubes and very heavy.

Eagle3
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
The prototype in the auction had a kraft paper (LOC-type) tube. Dave had told me before he was going to replace the tubes that Sheri had used.

Bill
01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
The prototype in the auction had a kraft paper (LOC-type) tube. Dave had told me before he was going to replace the tubes that Sheri had used.

Since these are scale models of well documented prototypes, I cannot help but wonder why Dave did not just design and produce his own kits in competition with Sheri instead of buying the assets then having to redesign them anyway as well as having to deal with her unhappy customers.

Bill

Doug Sams
01-09-2011, 09:43 PM
...I cannot help but wonder why Dave did not just design and produce his own kits... I bet Dave has wondered that, too :D

Doug

luke strawwalker
01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Since these are scale models of well documented prototypes, I cannot help but wonder why Dave did not just design and produce his own kits in competition with Sheri instead of buying the assets then having to redesign them anyway as well as having to deal with her unhappy customers.

Bill

Yup... OL JR :)

bob jablonski
01-11-2011, 09:10 AM
I think Dave was under the impression that the kits were alot more togeather then they were. He hoped to have them all out in a month or 2 untill he recived the molds etc. And had to rework everything. I guess he got the last shaft from Sheri.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

Brent
01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I always figured she was just a business front. Does anyone know if she was the actual person designing the kits?

DaveR
01-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I always figured she was just a business front. Does anyone know if she was the actual person designing the kits?
I thought that too, I don't think she could stay out of the tattoo parlor long enough to design a kit. :eek: :D

Brent
01-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I thought that too, I don't think she could stay out of the tattoo parlor long enough to design a kit. :eek: :D
Thats funny! :chuckle:

wilsotr
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I always kinda wondered why someone who knew her personally didn't speak up at some point, at least to put the "does Sheri exist and does she really design these kits" questions to rest.

Rocketflyer
01-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I always kinda wondered why someone who knew her personally didn't speak up at some point, at least to put the "does Sheri exist and does she really design these kits" questions to rest.

Questions that make you go hummmm..... :)

John Brohm
01-11-2011, 03:44 PM

Bill

It's a good question, but we may never know the answer. We also don't know (or at least I don't know) how Dave valued the acquisition, or whether he paid much (or too much). Sometimes companies make acquisitions to acquire not so much the technology but the customer base; sometimes they make acquisitions to eliminate a competitor. Not knowing Dave's motivations or his valuation strategy makes it hard to place a good guess.

jharding58
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM

I believe that Sheri was a very nice front; and a pretty decent rear.

luke strawwalker
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I think Dave was under the impression that the kits were alot more togeather then they were. He hoped to have them all out in a month or 2 untill he recived the molds etc. And had to rework everything. I guess he got the last shaft from Sheri.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

Yep... her molds were unusable... he told me that outright... had to TOTALLY redo the masters to make new molds, and the prototype master he showed me looked AMAZING!

Also, he was telling me the fancy aluminum rocket nozzles/retainers were going to be the next big problem... supposedly she had sourced them from a machinist friend of her ex-husband, and when he became an "EX" husband "POOF" went her source for fancy machined aluminum nozzles/retainers... SO, Dave was looking high and low for a source for the nozzles comparable to what she had been including in the kit, and at the time (last summer) he had found that the cost for the nozzle/retainers would be almost as much as the retail kit, even with a volume purchase discount... Evidently machinists still get a pretty penny for their work... and at the time he didn't have a solution (yet).

Anybody have a more recent word on this concern?? Heck, those machined aluminum faux nozzles doubling as motor retainers were SWEET... well worth the price of the kit, BUT, from what Dave was saying last summer he was having trouble finding a source that would require DOUBLING the price of the kit to include them...

luke strawwalker
01-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I believe that Sheri was a very nice front; and a pretty decent rear.

Yeah, easy on the eyes, that's for sure... (but from the sound of it, from what I heard, she'd be H#LL on everything else!)

A good woman's price is far above rubies... :)