PDA

View Full Version : Sniped!

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-28-2007, 10:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200082205245&rd=1&rd=1

Apparently at least once by a Rush fan. :mad: ;)

JRThro
03-01-2007, 08:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200082205245&rd=1&rd=1

Apparently at least once by a Rush fan. :mad: ;)
Yeah, at least there's the consolation that *one* person who outbid you is a really cool guy.

Btw, a password that I use on some sites has 2112 at the end, so that must mean I'm a cool guy, too!
:rolleyes:

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah, at least there's the consolation that *one* person who outbid you is a really cool guy.

Btw, a password that I use on some sites has 2112 at the end, so that must mean I'm a cool guy, too!
:rolleyes:

2112 was my password when I got my first ATM card back in the mid-80's. I guess I've been cool for 20+ years.
Wish I knew that then. :( ;)

tbzep
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
2112 was my password when I got my first ATM card back in the mid-80's. I guess I've been cool for 20+ years.
Wish I knew that then. :( ;)

If you worshiped at the Temple of Syrinx you would be cool. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
If you worshiped at the Temple of Syrinx you would be cool. ;)

No, back then it was the Temple of Wiedemann, but we thought that was cool. ;)

Chas Russell
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Bill spewed:

"No, back then it was the Temple of Wiedemann, but we thought that was cool."

Why does my head hurt all of a sudden?

My first beer, at the age of 20, was a Falstaff. Kind of miss the brand. Drinking age back then was 18, so I started late. Doing a heck of a job playing catch-up.

Chas

Ltvscout
03-02-2007, 07:42 AM
No, back then it was the Temple of Wiedemann, but we thought that was cool. ;)
Wiedeman, isn't that on par with something like Red, White & Blue?

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Wiedeman, isn't that on par with something like Red, White & Blue?

It's not quite that high quality.

Doug Sams
03-02-2007, 02:56 PM
No, back then it was the Temple of Wiedemann, but we thought that was cool. ;)Wiedemann was popular during rush week at UK. At $22 per half barrel, it was priced right for giving away :) We also got Hudepohl for $21 per. Other bad beers I recall were Sterling, Falls City, Iron City & RWBs. Schlitz and Blatz were both cheap, but decent. Milwaukee's Best went down good but extracted a toll :(

I thought PBR was okay, but many of my friends frowned on it. Dad drank lots of Falstaff. I thought it was great when he was paying for it :) I also had dinner at the Falstaff family (can't remember their name) mansion in downtown St Louis years ago. (This was long after they were OOP in St Louis.)

Anyway, that's about enough for my recollection of cheap beer.

Doug
Proud possessor of four cans of Billy Beer...

Ltvscout
03-02-2007, 04:36 PM
It's not quite that high quality.
Ah, more like Olde Frothingslosh.

"The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom."

The can had a picture of a fat broad in a one piece swimming suit. You can probably tell I used to collect beer cans in the 70's. ;)

Ltvscout
03-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Wiedemann was popular during rush week at UK. At $22 per half barrel, it was priced right for giving away :) We also got Hudepohl for $21 per. Other bad beers I recall were Sterling, Falls City, Iron City & RWBs. Schlitz and Blatz were both cheap, but decent. Milwaukee's Best went down good but extracted a toll.
When I was at MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) in the early 80's the beer of choice was Old Style.

tbzep
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
The nastiest cheap beer I ever tasted was Shafer's. All the ones that have been mentioned were top of the line in comparison. Pick the grain you least like in a beer/ale. Now imagine that grain has been burned to a crisp and poured into the nastiest skunk piss beer you've ever had before this one. Bleah! :eek:

Ltvscout
03-02-2007, 09:18 PM
The nastiest cheap beer I ever tasted was Shafer's. All the ones that have been mentioned were top of the line in comparison. Pick the grain you least like in a beer/ale. Now imagine that grain has been burned to a crisp and poured into the nastiest skunk piss beer you've ever had before this one. Bleah! :eek:
Hey, wait. That sounds like what Scott McCrate had us drinking at NARCON a couple years ago! :D Skunk piss, ya, that's the ticket.

tbzep
03-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey, wait. That sounds like what Scott McCrate had us drinking at NARCON a couple years ago! :D Skunk piss, ya, that's the ticket.

Was it made with burned hops, barley, or cocleburr seed?

Ltvscout
03-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Was it made with burned hops, barley, or cocleburr seed?
No, I think he made it from Bill's old sweat socks. :eek:

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-03-2007, 01:48 PM
When I was at MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) in the early 80's the beer of choice was Old Style.

a.k.a. Wiedemann. Both were Heileman products by this point. Remind me to tell the story of the 1982 Old Style sometime. :eek:

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Ah, more like Olde Frothingslosh.

"The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom."

The can had a picture of a fat broad in a one piece swimming suit. You can probably tell I used to collect beer cans in the 70's. ;)

All of my cans are still in the closet at my parents house. :o