PDA

View Full Version : A really BIG THANK YOU to my friend Gus and his family!

sandman
02-09-2007, 03:30 PM
As some of you know I have been layed up and will be for a while after some major surgery.

Member Gus visted me while I was in the hopspital and man did that bring my spirits up...A LOT!

Well little did I know what he and his family were doing while I was laying in my hospital bed!

The mailman just drove up to my door with a big package and man...what a suprise!

A Get Well Rocket! :D

Thank you so very much! :o

Daniel Runyon
02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Man, that's one super cool rocket... anyone can put together an everyday kit with an everyday paint scheme and have an everyday rocket, but that carries a LOT of real deal soul! I would only fly that thing in a treeless field! It may well be one of the most special rockets in existence! Makes me think of TRF's rocketmaniac's Cancer Killer rocket that he launches with prayer requests.

Rocketking
02-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Well that Copperhead sends the same wishes to you that many of us would like to express. Get well soon, Sandman. Many best wishes & prayers are being directed your way.

Glen A.
NAR # 26298 L1

Rocketflyer
02-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Sandman,

You are on the speedy road to recovery, and thought and prayers are with you. Your buddy Gus and family are great friends inded. I would fly that bird once, and then put it on the mantle or place of honor, to show what friends are.

Best,

Jack

Rocketflyer
02-10-2007, 10:58 AM
You are a good friend, and it shows.

The folks on this forum are some of the best I have the good fortune to interact with. Bless all of you.

Best,

Jack

sandman
02-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks to everyone...including Gus and his family.

The model sits on top of my TV for now (that is pretty much all I can do is watch TV) until I get a chance to go outside and fly it!

jpasqual
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey Gord - just heard the news from Gus -Hope everything went well and you have a speedy recovery - See you guys soon. Take care

JRThro
02-12-2007, 08:06 AM
sandman, I hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery!

sandman
02-12-2007, 08:58 AM
I feel so much better every day.

Almost to the point of being anxious to go to bed at night 'cause I'll feel even better in the morning.

I feel like I could easily go out to my shop and work on something but my wife (nurse Kratchet!) would probably get really pi$$ed at me. :rolleyes:

" Don't tell me you didn't go out to the shop...I can see the sawdust in your nose hairs!" :mad:

sandman
02-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Well, I reached a milestone today!

I actually went out to the shop, turned on the heat and started working on some backlogged turning projects!

I feel much much better but like my wife tells me...just take it easy and don't do too much.

I had a setback last week with one of those hacking coughs. I think my wife and I picked something up while I was in the hospital...free no charge.

You know the kind I mean...the coughs that make you feel like you're going to blow out a lung!

That did not help the stiches heal!

But like I said...I'm better now. :D

jpasqual
02-25-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm glad to see your feeling better - Just take it slooow and easy - take care of yourself first !