PDA

View Full Version : Astro Color?

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Anyone ever see one of these? I just unearthed an Estes Hornet kit that my wife bought me back in 1994 and found this brochure inside. I don't remember ever seeing this in any hobby stores.

stefanj
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I remember the line. Just ordinary enamel in bigger bottles.

I like grey primer for use as a sort of gap filler / putty for plastic parts.

ScaleNut
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM
I remember seeing it in the old hobby shop.

lol...now it's a collectable

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-PACTRA-ASTRO-COLOR-ROCKET-SPRAY-PAINT-SEALED_W0QQitemZ290050959271QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2594QQcmdZViewItem

Green Dragon
01-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Yep, I remember seeing those as well, liekly even used some, rocket red or yellows.. :-)

hmm.. collectible paint, * wonders if those old Hubrol jars have value ...... *

~ AL

ghrocketman
01-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I have several cans of Astro Color in Galaxy Green, Aero Blue, and Comet Silver that I bought about 5 years ago on a hobby shop closeout.
I believe the paint is the exact same formula as the old Pactra 'namel line from the 70's & 80's, just in different packaging. The stuff smells exactly the same as my old cans of 'namel, and NOT like Testors spray at all.
I actually had a bid in on the ebay auction listed below, but did not win.
I think this paint and the old Pactra 'namel is far superior to the Testors line...too bad it is not still around.

CPMcGraw
01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Yep, I remember seeing those as well, liekly even used some, rocket red or yellows.. :-)

hmm.. collectible paint, * wonders if those old Hubrol jars have value ...... *

~ AL

Humbrol was imported from England and (last I heard) had been picked up by Heller of France. Too bad that Heller later went belly-up, they had some good models. Didn't Airfix of England pick up the assets of Heller? Or have they also gone the way of the dinosaur?