PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon

dlazarus6660
09-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Harvest Moon, Full Moon tomorrow. Also it's the fourth full moon of the 2013 summer, a very rare occurrence indeed!

stefanj
09-18-2013, 06:36 PM
I've got the sacrificial nutria shaved and covered with orange paint.

Just got to get him drunk and its up on the corn-god altar with him!

dlazarus6660
09-18-2013, 06:43 PM

Got this on video or do I have to wait for the book! :rolleyes:

tbzep
09-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Harvest Moon, Full Moon tomorrow. Also it's the fourth full moon of the 2013 summer, a very rare occurrence indeed!
IIRC, it occurs at about 6 AM CDT, so it's in the morning, which I count as part of tonight. :p

dlazarus6660
09-21-2013, 04:24 AM
I took this the other night.

jeffyjeep
09-21-2013, 08:35 AM

You have nutria rodents THAT far north? :confused:

stefanj
09-21-2013, 09:52 AM
You have nutria rodents THAT far north? :confused:
Yes! Nutria are an invasive pest in Oregon. They roam the high deserts in giant herds, and burrow under the glaciers of Mount Hood, causing avalanches.

But seriously: The Willamette Valley is very temperate, with lots of streams and ponds. Nutria were brought in for the same lame-brain reason they were down south, as a fur animal.

There are trappers and hunters, but there are still plenty of nutria around.

luke strawwalker
09-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes! Nutria are an invasive pest in Oregon. They roam the high deserts in giant herds, and burrow under the glaciers of Mount Hood, causing avalanches.

But seriously: The Willamette Valley is very temperate, with lots of streams and ponds. Nutria were brought in for the same lame-brain reason they were down south, as a fur animal.

There are trappers and hunters, but there are still plenty of nutria around.

Yall need to bring in alligators... nutrias are their favorite snack... they'll clean them right up... LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

harsas
09-21-2013, 08:34 PM
I took this the other night.

What is all that green stuff sticking up way above the ground? It is up so high it even hides the tops of the buildings.
:p

Brain
09-21-2013, 08:40 PM
What is all that green stuff sticking up way above the ground? It is up so high it even hides the tops of the buildings.
Yeah! Siberian crocodiles should do the trick.

dlazarus6660
09-22-2013, 09:20 AM

Them's called "trees". They do a funny change around this time of year. They turn different colors, then shed their leaves and go nekid during the winter. We sometimes burn the fallen branches to keep warm and cook our food. Others take the branches and hit a round object in a diamond shaped field and run around in circles for unknown reasons. Some wait for spring and hang a bucket on the tree and wait for the tree to go pee. They then boil the pee and then pour it over a cake. A strange ritual. :rolleyes:

harsas
09-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Them's called "trees". They do a funny change around this time of year. They turn different colors, then shed their leaves and go nekid during the winter. We sometimes burn the fallen branches to keep warm and cook our food. Others take the branches and hit a round object in a diamond shaped field and run around in circles for unknown reasons. Some wait for spring and hang a bucket on the tree and wait for the tree to go pee. They then boil the pee and then pour it over a cake. A strange ritual. :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about any "trees" things but I do know I love real maple syrup. So you say it comes from these "trees" thing huh? Maybe we should get some of them down here in the swamp...
:D