PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity"

dlazarus6660
07-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity"

This came out a few months ago and I just found it tonight.
Very well done especially with James Doohan son, Chris playing 'Scotty'. It's like seeing ST:TOS all over again. This is a great episode and listen to the music. It's not perfect, nothing but the original will ever be, but I like this better than the new ST movies.
I got to meet "Apollo" a few years back and he still looks the same.
Oh, and Grant I. of mythbusters plays 'Sulu'.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/star-trek-continues-episode-1-pilgrim-of-eternity/#.UedLFG1F3ig

chrism
07-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the info! I knew about startreknewvoyages.com with James Cawley making new episodes of ST but this is a competely different crew. So much the better!!

Brain
08-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info! I knew about startreknewvoyages.com with James Cawley making new episodes of ST but this is a completely different crew. So much the better!!
I believe that the Cawley people are behind this reiteration as well, but don't hold me to that. I mean, how many bridge sets are just lying around here and there?!? :p

chrism
08-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I believe that the Cawley people are behind this reiteration as well, but don't hold me to that. I mean, how many bridge sets are just lying around here and there?!? :p

I'm really impressed on what Cawley and Co. have done with Trek. Sure the acting isn't the greatest, but they do have very good special effects and I give him credit for attracting former Trek stars to be in the series.

Ironnerd
08-15-2013, 08:20 PM
I've met Vic Mignogna (Captain Kirk) a few times. He is a Star Trek NUT! I hope he's havin' a great time livin' every Trek fan's dream. As I recall, he mentioned working with Cawley's people.

Vic's not a bad guy (for an actor :chuckle: ) - he even invited me to help out on a Cawley episode. Of course I could not make the time.

Regardless, this Trek has go to be better than the new Hollywood Trek garbage.

Randy
08-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Watched it last night and for an internet production, thought it was generally ok, with very good special effects. I didn't see the credits but I think the computer voice is Marina Sirtis and Apollo was the original actor- nice touch.

And the new councilor was nice too. I like my women a little curvy. ;)

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

luke strawwalker
08-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Regardless, this Trek has go to be better than the new Hollywood Trek garbage.

+1...

Later! OL JR :)

luke strawwalker
08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Watched it last night and for an internet production, thought it was generally ok, with very good special effects. I didn't see the credits but I think the computer voice is Marina Sirtis and Apollo was the original actor- nice touch.

And the new councilor was nice too. I like my women a little curvy. ;)

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

Got a link??

Later ! OL JR :)

Ironnerd
08-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Link to episode: http://www.startrekcontinues.com/star-trek-continues-episode-1-pilgrim-of-eternity/#.UedLFG1F3ig

I'm pretty sure the counselor is Vic's girlfriend in real life - at least she looks like her. She's just as ... attractive in person.

Sulu is Grant Imahara from Mythbusters (I KNEW he looked familiar - just couldn't pace him...)

Simone was Jamie Bamber - Apollo from the Si-Fi "Galactica" suck-fest

And Apollo was played by the same dud who played him in the "Who Mourns for Adonis" episode.

And the sets were dead on!

Not bad for "Fan Fiction".

blackshire
08-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Link to episode: http://www.startrekcontinues.com/star-trek-continues-episode-1-pilgrim-of-eternity/#.UedLFG1F3ig

I'm pretty sure the counselor is Vic's girlfriend in real life - at least she looks like her. She's just as ... attractive in person.

Sulu is Grant Imahara from Mythbusters (I KNEW he looked familiar - just couldn't pace him...)

Simone was Jamie Bamber - Apollo from the Si-Fi "Galactica" suck-fest

And Apollo was played by the same dud who played him in the "Who Mourns for Adonis" episode.

And the sets were dead on!

Not bad for "Fan Fiction".Excellent! I hope Spock finally got to meet Apollo in person. That was one aspect of the TOS episode "Who Mourns for Adonis?" that made me go, "Huh?" When Apollo requested--well, politely ordered--them to meet him and then he said, "All but the one with the pointed ears. He reminds me of Pan, and Pan bored me," that just didn't seem quite right. Horned, goat-legged, musically talented, and lustful Pan was many things, but "boring" was *not* one of them! :-)

Randy
08-16-2013, 09:13 PM
>And Apollo was played by the same dud who played him in the "Who Mourns for Adonis" episode.

Really? I like it when studios & directors are loyal to past actors and that they would use Michael Forest to reprise the role, he didn't even need make up for the age. Kudos to him for doing it as well. I was Glad they at least gave Grace Lee Whitney a cameo in a few of the movies. I always felt sorry for her because she reminded me of the guy Ringo Starr replaced 2 weeks before the Beatles hit it big. If Whitney could have hung on, imagine her popularity today being Grace Lee Whitney to the 5th power.

I remember Michael Forest from many shows of the 50's & 60's, I'm sure as part of the same actor rotation of Desilu, Universal or Paramount. So many of the ST people were on so many shows of the era. Forest usually played a tough guy, arrogant, slanted to the dark side but usually you could like the chararter on some level, as McCoy & Kirk did in this one, while still being cautious about them. Hammy as Kirk was played, he was always compassionate. Over the same time period of Forests' appearance on ST he was on many other shows.

Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite actors/directors and partly because of using the same small group of actors in his films, over a long period of time. Scan the credits of his first 3-5 films and then the last few and you'll see many of the same people over 35-40 years.

I guess I'm kind of weird but when I see older actors now I identify them from their appearance on ST, Perry Mason Bonanza, etc..

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

chrism
08-16-2013, 10:37 PM
>And Apollo was played by the same dud who played him in the "Who Mourns for Adonis" episode.

Really? I like it when studios & directors are loyal to past actors and that they would use Michael Forest to reprise the role, he didn't even need make up for the age. Kudos to him for doing it as well. I was Glad they at least gave Grace Lee Whitney a cameo in a few of the movies. I always felt sorry for her because she reminded me of the guy Ringo Starr replaced 2 weeks before the Beatles hit it big. If Whitney could have hung on, imagine her popularity today being Grace Lee Whitney to the 5th power.

I remember Michael Forest from many shows of the 50's & 60's, I'm sure as part of the same actor rotation of Desilu, Universal or Paramount. So many of the ST people were on so many shows of the era. Forest usually played a tough guy, arrogant, slanted to the dark side but usually you could like the chararter on some level, as McCoy & Kirk did in this one, while still being cautious about them. Hammy as Kirk was played, he was always compassionate. Over the same time period of Forests' appearance on ST he was on many other shows.

Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite actors/directors and partly because of using the same small group of actors in his films, over a long period of time. Scan the credits of his first 3-5 films and then the last few and you'll see many of the same people over 35-40 years.

I guess I'm kind of weird but when I see older actors now I identify them from their appearance on ST, Perry Mason Bonanza, etc..

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

I do as well, I watch MeTV , and it's fun to see the stars before they made it big. Sly Stallone and Richard Gere played parts on Kojak, James Caan and Leonard Nimoy were thugs on Get Smart. I have noticed many actors who appeared on Trek have made appearances on other programs. Just today, Julie Newmar passed away and she did a lot of shows including Trek.

luke strawwalker
08-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Watched this new series episode a little while ago... it's VERY GOOD! MUCH MUCH better than JJAbrams "Star Drek"...

Hope that this continues... looking forward to it!

Later! OL JR :)

dlazarus6660
08-17-2013, 09:31 AM
I do as well, I watch MeTV , and it's fun to see the stars before they made it big. Sly Stallone and Richard Gere played parts on Kojak, James Caan and Leonard Nimoy were thugs on Get Smart. I have noticed many actors who appeared on Trek have made appearances on other programs. Just today, Julie Newmar passed away and she did a lot of shows including Trek.

Julie Newmar Passed away?

Yesterday was her birthday, she turned 80. I can't find any thing on her passing.

chrism
08-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Julie Newmar Passed away?

Yesterday was her birthday, she turned 80. I can't find any thing on her passing.

I'm sorry I thought she died. It was her birthday instead.

dlazarus6660
08-17-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry I thought she died. It was her birthday instead.

I hope it's not true.

Ironnerd
08-17-2013, 02:47 PM

Sorry - I meant to type "DUDE", not "dud". Mr. Forest is actually a pretty good actor, not at all a dud.

dlazarus6660
08-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Sorry - I meant to type "DUDE", not "dud". Mr. Forest is actually a pretty good actor, not at all a dud.

I got to meet Michael Forrest in Nov, 2001 at a Sci-Fi convention along with Marina Sirtis, Richard Biggs, Jason Carter, Virginia Hey(her hair was long because she had plugs in it) and Colin Baker(Dr. Who) That was the last time I met Richard Biggs before his passing in 2004.

Rocketflyer
08-18-2013, 04:00 PM
I thought it was well done. They really captured Star Trek TOS, and are carrying it further. Good crew. Kudos.

Ironnerd
08-18-2013, 04:14 PM
I just re-watched the ST:TOS episode "I, Mudd". Seems to me that they could take Capt. Pike to the planet "Mudd" and have his mind transferred into one of android bodies (they offered to do that for Uhura).

Just geekin' out.

chrism
08-18-2013, 04:49 PM
I just re-watched the ST:TOS episode "I, Mudd". Seems to me that they could take Capt. Pike to the planet "Mudd" and have his mind transferred into one of android bodies (they offered to do that for Uhura).

Just geekin' out.

Why go there when he is with Vina on Talos IV!

Ironnerd
08-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Minds and memories fade, an android body is forever (well, at least 500,000 yrs). Besides, Starfleet plans to use a replicated doomsday machine to destroy the Talos syste to make way for a hyper warp by-pass. :chuckle: