PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Space

Ltvscout
09-15-2006, 10:29 PM
As a kid, I loved watching Lost in Space. Dr. Smith always cracked me up. "Oh the pain..."

Anyhow, one of the things I do when the kids are naughty is I'll start chanting, "Crush, Kill Destroy." Today my son asked me why I always say that. Besides just being something funny to say I told him I got it from a TV show I used to watch as a kid. Well, I had to look around on the net to see if I could find an original soundbite. Sure enough, it's out there, video and all!

http://idak.ytmnd.com/

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-15-2006, 10:32 PM
As a kid, I loved watching Lost in Space. Dr. Smith always cracked me up. "Oh the pain..."

Anyhow, one of the things I do when the kids are naughty is I'll start chanting, "Crush, Kill Destroy." Today my son asked me why I always say that. Besides just being something funny to say I told him I got it from a TV show I used to watch as a kid. Well, I had to look around on the net to see if I could find an original soundbite. Sure enough, it's out there, video and all!

http://idak.ytmnd.com/

I remember this episode. :cool:

PaulK
09-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Very funny clip. Strange that you should post this now, I just watched this episode a couple days ago. Verda wins him over in the end after he defeats the new improved model IDAK, which was sent after he fails to destroy Verda, (he falls victim to Verdas incessant talking, she convinces IDAK that she really is not an android). Geez, I'm such a geek. :)

Ltvscout
09-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Very funny clip. Strange that you should post this now, I just watched this episode a couple days ago. Verda wins him over in the end after he defeats the new improved model IDAK, which was sent after he fails to destroy Verda, (he falls victim to Verdas incessant talking, she convinces IDAK that she really is not an android). Geez, I'm such a geek. :)
What channel did you see this on? Channel 41 in Milwaukee (Channel 7 on TW cable) is now showing Lost in Space again every Sunday around 5 or 6. I DVR'ed the pilot episode last Sunday. ;) Did you ever notice that Dr. Smith was much meaner and smarter in the original B&W shows?

Tweener
09-17-2006, 10:42 AM
What channel did you see this on? Channel 41 in Milwaukee (Channel 7 on TW cable) is now showing Lost in Space again every Sunday around 5 or 6. I DVR'ed the pilot episode last Sunday. ;) Did you ever notice that Dr. Smith was much meaner and smarter in the original B&W shows?IIRC, he went stupid about the same time Batman was such a hit. The network suits evidently decided that "high camp" was the order of the day. Pity - he was a much more interesting character originally.

PaulK
09-17-2006, 08:32 PM
What channel did you see this on?I have the first 2 seasons on borrowed DVDs. The first season is much better. More monsters, fewer space pirates. AARRRRR. ;)

dwmzmm
09-17-2006, 09:28 PM
My kids were watching the Columbia produced VHS tapes of Lost In Space last night!

sandman
09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
For high camp and absolute cheese ya gotta watch episodes of the original "Land of the Lost".

Tweener
09-17-2006, 10:46 PM
For high camp and absolute cheese ya gotta watch episodes of the original "Land of the Lost".Well, yeah but that was a Sid and Marty Krofft production. What do you expect of Saturday morning fare from the makers of "The Bugaloos", "HR Pufnstuf", "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl", and "Lidsville" among others? "Lost In Space" was supposed to be adult prime-time programming.

Ltvscout
09-17-2006, 11:47 PM
For high camp and absolute cheese ya gotta watch episodes of the original "Land of the Lost".
Ahhh, Sid & Marty Krofft production, wasn't it? How about HR PuffNStuff (or however it was spelled)? :D

Ltvscout
09-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, yeah but that was a Sid and Marty Krofft production. What do you expect of Saturday morning fare from the makers of "The Bugaloos", "HR Pufnstuf", "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl", and "Lidsville" among others? "Lost In Space" was supposed to be adult prime-time programming.
Heh, I should've read one more message before replying. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Ahhh, Sid & Marty Krofft production, wasn't it? How about HR PuffNStuff (or however it was spelled)? :D

Creepy.

Ltvscout
09-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Creepy.
Come on, admit it. You had a crush on Witchie Poo!

DeanHFox
09-18-2006, 05:19 AM
Come on, admit it. You had a crush on Witchie Poo!
Y'know, ever since this Sid & Marty Kroft part of the thread started, all I can *see* in my head is an image from that crazy show they did with the spacecraft landing in prehistoric times...what was the name of that? Oh, yeah --- "Far Out Space Nuts" (thanks, Google). :)

(and all I can *hear* in my head is "One Banana, Two Banana, Three Banana, Four....Five Banana, Six Banana, Seven Banana, More....")

Aaaaaiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee! Curse you, Sid & Marty! :eek: :eek: :eek:

DeanHFox
09-18-2006, 05:28 AM
If the previous Sid & Marty Kroft lunacy is leaving you confused, bewildered, and, in general, wondering just what the heck is going on, here's a link to explain a little of the lunacy:

http://www.tvdvdreviews.com/pufnstuf.html

and one more:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062543/

NO. I have not, and will not, purchase these DVD's. You see, a human's ability to tolerate a Sid & Marty Kroft production is a constant across their entire life...so, as an adult, I can only watch a LITTLE BIT, as, when I was a kid, I watched A LOT of their shows. But, heck, for awhile there, the various S&M Kroft (hey, that's an odd coincidence, isn't it?) shows were the only live-action stuff on a Saturday morning...

So, we had Bugs Bunny, the Road Runner, H.R. Pufnstuf, and the Banana Splits --- you know, Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper, and Snorky! :rolleyes:

No, wait, I'm perfectly normal. Stay away from me with those white jackets and butterfly nets. Really! I'm just trying to explain something to the younger generation! No! Get away!...

Tweener
09-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Come on, admit it. You had a crush on Witchie Poo!Confession time! Actually, Joy from the Bugaloos was a pre-teen crush of mine. :o
http://www.bugaloos.com/joy14.html

dwmzmm
09-18-2006, 08:21 PM
I had a very big crush on Angela Cartwright back in the mid-1960's, when she was on Lost In
Space and The Sound of Music...

stefanj
09-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Interesting Trivia:

The original, B&W Lost in Space pilot didn't have the robot or Dr. Smith.

They reused part of the pilot later, in the episodes where the family travels in the "chariot," leaving the robot and doctor behind.

I watch LIS religiously as a kid, then got really jaded by it as a young teen. Just a few years back, they had a marathon. I watched a few episodes, which came across as really cheesy and juvenile. I'd like to see the first few episodes again, though.

THE ONION once ran a spoof story about a thirty-something guy whose life was haunted by memories of Sidd & Marty Krofft's LIDSVILLE. Hilarious!