Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2010, 02:18 PM
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Would be interesting to find out where the Ace cone molds are, as any local shop should be able to shoot the mold, hmmmm...

Even if we knew where they are I wonder what condition they might be in? After all, it's been a few years.

- Rich
Old 12-26-2010, 03:59 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raohara
Even if we knew where they are I wonder what condition they might be in? After all, it's been a few years.

- Rich

SSRS Alum, eh ?

Got any SSRS info to share ?

Spartan fin patterns ?

were the Hercules / Unicorn ever produced ? ( I have not been able to verify if they were vaporware or not ) .

other historical info . ?

~ AL
Old 12-31-2010, 03:17 PM
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)

Default Different SSRS

Different SSRS. I am referring to South Seattle Rocket Society, a long-defunct NAR section. Lot's of good memories from those days.

I do have one historical SSRS document. It's a "brochure." Probably not what you are looking for. The only kit it mentions is the Lasor.

In regards to other historical HPR documents the only things I have are circa 1990 Aerotech brochures and price lists. I also have marketing materials for Estes/NCR.

The only other historical thing I have are copies of the NAR magazine (can't remember what it was called back then) dating back to the '70s.

- Rich
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSRS Low Qual Scan.pdf (121.8 KB, 126 views)
Old 12-31-2010, 03:40 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Bummer there - lol, was hoping for some good Small SOunding Rocket info

Thanks for the scan, I htink I have that sheet, but do not believe it is posted online anyplace. good thrust curves and motor info.

thanks.

~ AL
Old 02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Hi All, I'll take you some good pics, I putting a Starfire Galaxy series by COPOSITE DYNAMICS up on the bay. Be sure to look, I think it's the only one out there. Stait Up!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Fin Patterns and kit Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Might be beating an old horse ehre - some of these I have begged for in the past

Currently working on my ongoing research for old / early HPR designs / plans.

Specifically, my wish list includes :

Astro Dynamics - ANY

Eagle Aerospace - ANY

XPRS ( Xperimental Rocket Systems ) - ANY

SSRS / Crown - LASOR 164 , Spartan, Unicorn

Pro- Jet / Composite Dynamics - Starfire

Stargate - Aero-Ram

ACE - Fugue , ALLEGRO LARGO ( desperate for this one , Lucerne
Special , ? Squid

Model Aviation Fuels - Sentry, Minotaur

I have a few plans for trade, info available, so send requests ... looking to save the info for posterity, and build some of these LDRS 1 candidates

~ AL Swackhammer

Tripoli 090

Hi AL,
Did you ever get any of the above fin patterns, parts list, kit instructions you were looking for?
I've been meaning to post all of the Composite Dynamics fin patterns here on YORF. I have all of them and I still have a lot of the original Composite Dynamics fins that were cut by Composite Dynamics.
- I have an original Astro Dynamics fold out brochure of kits. and I have the fin pattern(s) for one of their 2.04" OD kits. I was once a dealer for Astro Dynamics in the early 80's.
- I still have a few of the original early ACE Rockets kits: Allegro 2420, Minute, Fugue 18, Fugue 23, Vivance, Cantata, Squid
- I did a lot of snail mail correspondence with my good friend Jerry Irvine in the early and mid 80's. And I made fin pattern templates of several U.S. Rocket kits from that era.

Stargate: Yes I have the Aero RAM fin patterns. I hope to eventually post all the Stargate fin patterns here on YORF as well.

SSRS / CROWN: I have fin patterns and parts lists for several of the SSRS / CROWN kits: Lasor 95, Lasor 134, Lasor 164

Regards,
Larry Broadbent
Old 07-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

I have been leaning in to reviving the Ace kits some day. Not yet. I believe the Ace NC mold ended up at Aerotech, but they since did their own mold for 4" so one wonders if the mold was somehow abandoned or lost.

http://v-serv.com/usr/aceseries.htm

As soon as I get some major capitalization for the Ace line the first order of business is mass-produced wood nose cones.

Jerry
Old 07-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Jerry,
Glad to see you will be bringing the ACE Rockets kits into the 2014 Rocketry era.
Many other companies copied or used portions of these original ACE designs over the years.
Keep up the good work at U.S. Rockets.

Larry B
Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Flying since 1977

If I needed to replace an Ace PNC-39, I would use the lightweight 4" cone (white) from Aerotech. I got one by mistake last year. It is a very close match in both weight and profile to the original Ace PNC-39. I have the Ace cone on both a NCR Phantom 4000 and a THOY Falcon.

Mike Toelle

NAR 31692 L1

SAM 0373