Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Building Techniques
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopirV
Since I'm already saddled with one, I may take you up on the offer for the vinyl! I finally got the MTC software to work properly with the Cricut- but the guys at MTC are smart...the demo version cuts anything you want, and then "watermarks it" by slicing the entire piece in half on the diagonal . Trying to decide if I go deeper down the road of Cricut by shelling out the $60 clams to make the MTC software official I've come this far, but that's a lot of reloads...

Perhaps if I yank the plug on the cutter after the piece is cut before the software destroys it??

LOL they got you coming or going.. LOL

Just design your cuts to be on the corners that the end cut misses LOL

Honestly $60 for software is a good deal. AI or Corell is $500 or so. the software I use (came with one of my machines) is about $450 if you were to buy it outright. at this point your into the cricut several hunderd what $60 to make it do what you want.

Glad you are closer to getting it to do what you want. there is hope at the end of the tunnel.. oh wait thats a train.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickershock23
for the price and the time you are spending you can buy a professional cutter and software. then you get customer support tech help and more..

why spend 100's on a machine that is worthless, spend a little more buy one that will work, last and do anything you want. and get better results faster.

I've looked at one and I thought the same thing.

It seems like it could work but it probably won't.

I'm sure you could make it work but the results wouldn't be very satisfactory.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
I've looked at one and I thought the same thing.

It seems like it could work but it probably won't.

I'm sure you could make it work but the results wouldn't be very satisfactory.

Right spend the extra buy a professional it will cost less in the long run and you'll get better results.

But sandman you can't buy one. that would cut into my offerings.. and I would have to hunt you down LOL
Old 08-25-2010, 10:30 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Software COST ???
What's that ?

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Software COST ???
What's that ?

ARRRGH MATEY...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

YO HO HO and A BOTTLE OF 151 RUM !!!!

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Quote:
http://www.uscutter.com/

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...-All-Categories

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-MH...tter-_p_25.html

Above is a link to professional machine starting at $299.00 yeah a cricit is less than that, not when you add in cartriges for what $89.00 each?
A machine like that will do TONS more and can be driven my WAY better software. you can even run them with AI or Corel if you know what you are doing.

I don;t want to give away to many secrets, job security you know LOL but also check out E-Bay you can find good used ones for CHEAP.

Neat! Actually, though , I wasn't really wanting you to spill too many secrets about vinyl cutting (If/when I'm ready for high power, I'll come to you for the vinyl) - I was more interested in such units for cutting cardstock. Will the US Cutters work with card (110# or 67#) or are there other plotter/cutters out there for that task? As SoopirV said - it would be useful for transitions, shrouds, centering rings and a lot of other task that can get tedious with an xActo!

Greg
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Neat! Actually, though , I wasn't really wanting you to spill too many secrets about vinyl cutting (If/when I'm ready for high power, I'll come to you for the vinyl) - I was more interested in such units for cutting cardstock. Will the US Cutters work with card (110# or 67#) or are there other plotter/cutters out there for that task? As SoopirV said - it would be useful for transitions, shrouds, centering rings and a lot of other task that can get tedious with an xActo!

Greg

I have never tried it, but I am SURE you can. I mean whats the difference between card stock and vinyl? blade depth?

As for giving away secrets. well yes I did a little bit, but remember I have all the software and all the artwork too. plus a website.. there is more to a buisness selling decals than just a Cutter. I didn't tell you anything about my printer cutter, you need any old OPP decals small? printed on vinyl? I can do that. Heck you need a car or a trailer wrapped? I can do that too.. and like you said you would still come to me for your needs.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Right spend the extra buy a professional it will cost less in the long run and you'll get better results.

But sandman you can't buy one. that would cut into my offerings.. and I would have to hunt you down LOL

Well, I have to think of the future! They stopped manufacturer of the ALPS printer May 31, 2010 and Alps is only going to make the ink until 2014.

Then what do we do?

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
Well, I have to think of the future! They stopped manufacturer of the ALPS printer May 31, 2010 and Alps is only going to make the ink until 2014.

Then what do we do?

I own a roland machine (yes another professional machine) I won't mention which one. it uses thermal resin ribbons, and will print white gold silver and more.. yes they are out of production, BUT I found a place reproducing ribbons at a reasonable price. They are about $2000.00 used, but It was well worth the investment.

there are very few NEW machines that will print White, (and other colors) the one I looked at is $17,000.00 but thats more than I want to spend. of course. i am in the market..