Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dyer
LOL... It's been built since the mid 70's. In fact, I was noticing the body tube was never painted - It's white craft paper and I assumed it didn't need painting back then. Whatcha expect from a kid

Anyon know how to reduce the size of a foto in PhotoShop? I remember stumbling on how to do this awhile back, but can't remember....

I'll try taking a few fotos of the whole model for you (not just the decals)...

John

On the tool bar, Select image and then resize...

Don
NAR 53455
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Are you talking about the one that was two engine cluster and had a balsa Nose and paper transition section? I've got one of those built too. Can you scan the decals? My roll pattern was damaged quite a ways back...

That's the one, although I thought it was a three engine cluster. It's buried in this mess of a basement somewhere. I do have the decals, somewhere. When they get unearthed I will scan them. Don't hold your breath waiting for them though.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-13-2006, 07:58 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Hopefully it came accross in the proper scale. I included a line that was exactly one inch for size comparison. Sometimes Illustrator can dostrange things when converting to a non-AI format. Or maybe it's me not holding my mouth right when I hit the enter key...

Thanks again for posting the pattern John! I printed out your pattern and the 1" scale line printed out at 1". Too bad my fins are already attached so I guess I'll have to build another later to have my EnerJet Egg Crate as "true scale", just like a real EnerJet guru/fanatic would need it to be .....

I plugged in the fin pattern from your original and swapped it with my estimated one in RockSim. The file is below as well as a screen print for other members that may not have RockSim available. The egg capsule nose and egg capsule base mass overides in my file are actual as measured on my scale.

Stability with E and F motors show stability with no less than a 1.18 margin. With a G64 however the margin dropped to .93 - all figured with a min payload weight of 1.5oz as per the original instructions. Stability would be better with an egg, at least one of my eggs because they weight about 2oz. Anyone using the file remember to tweak the 1-1/2oz. included mass object to equal the actual mass of your egg or payload as loaded for flight.

John if it's not too much trouble if you get an image of the decals, the little egg ones see what the dimension for those are. I'll need the dimensions to have some decals reproduced

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  EnerJet Egg Crate Corrected John Dyer Original Fin Pattern.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  117.3 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt EnerJet Egg Crate KE-4 ST13 29mm Corrected Fin Pattern.rkt (62.4 KB, 78 views)
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 09-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Thanks again for posting the pattern John! I printed out your pattern and the 1" scale line printed out at 1". Too bad my fins are already attached so I guess I'll have to build another later to have my EnerJet Egg Crate as "true scale", just like a real EnerJet guru/fanatic would need it to be .....

I plugged in the fin pattern from your original and swapped it with my estimated one in RockSim. The file is below as well as a screen print for other members that may not have RockSim available. The egg capsule nose and egg capsule base mass overides in my file are actual as measured on my scale.

Stability with E and F motors show stability with no less than a 1.18 margin. With a G64 however the margin dropped to .93 - all figured with a min payload weight of 1.5oz as per the original instructions. Stability would be better with an egg, at least one of my eggs because they weight about 2oz. Anyone using the file remember to tweak the 1-1/2oz. included mass object to equal the actual mass of your egg or payload as loaded for flight.

John if it's not too much trouble if you get an image of the decals, the little egg ones see what the dimension for those are. I'll need the dimensions to have some decals reproduced

Ok....
These are a bit fuzzy, but they have a ruler in the foto. The egg is 1 3/8" X 7/8"...

John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Enerjet EggCrate fin foto 2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  107.0 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Enerjet EggCrate fin.pdf (58.5 KB, 85 views)
Old 09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:

Here's the other file. I realized I uploaded the fin pdf again... Loos nut behinds the keyboard

John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  EggCrate Fin Decal.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  98.1 KB  
Old 09-21-2006, 05:44 PM
The_Ripper

Default EnerJet KE-4 Egg Crate Out The Build Queue

Finished it last night

Fins were cut prior to John posting an actual pattern so fins are slightly oversized. I ordered one sheet of each of the EnerJet logo decals from Phred but I used what I had on hand so the decal is also oversized (it matches the oversized fins). An EnerJet purist or fanatic like myself would also never approve of the two stand-offs for the launch lugs I used instead of mounting one lug to a fin and the other to the egg capsule tube or the LT-125 airframe that I used instead of ST-13. We'll call this one the "sport scale" version of the KE-4 EnerJet Egg Crate

I am happy with the way it looks though and I am searching for a kit with the proper egg capsule to build another with the correct fins and other corrections I mentioned. I am looking for the egg capsule or #1996 Eggspress or #2072 Scrambler to rob the egg capsule from to build another in the future.

On to more projects .....

Attached Thumbnails

Name:  001 EnerJet Egg Crate LT125.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  98.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  002 EnerJet Egg Crate LT125.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  186.4 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 09-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Finished it last night

Great looking bird, Steve. I see Eggspress's on eBay all the time.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-21-2006, 07:40 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Great looking bird, Steve. I see Eggspress's on eBay all the time.

Thanks for the compliment Scott. I may have to just break down and get a low limit credit card and become a member of eBay. I was a member a good while back before they required you to store a credit card # with them but like you suggested I do see Eggspress kits on there.

I may just buy one or two from ModelRockets.co.uk and just pay a little extra shipping to get em here .....
SAM# 0052

Old 09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
I may just buy one or two from ModelRockets.co.uk and just pay a little extra shipping to get em here .....

I'd buy a number of items then to justify the shipping expense. That's what I did when I bought stuff from SierraFox in Italy. When he first got his shipment of OOP stuff years ago I ended up buying like five each Saturn 1b's, V's (the #2001 version), Titan IIIE's and Super Vega's. That helped even out the cost of the shipping. (No none are for sale at this time!)

SierraFox does still have Scramblers in case you want to compare pricing between them and the place in the UK.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-21-2006, 10:35 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I'd buy a number of items then to justify the shipping expense. That's what I did when I bought stuff from SierraFox in Italy. When he first got his shipment of OOP stuff years ago I ended up buying like five each Saturn 1b's, V's (the #2001 version), Titan IIIE's and Super Vega's. That helped even out the cost of the shipping. (No none are for sale at this time!)

SierraFox does still have Scramblers in case you want to compare pricing between them and the place in the UK.

I'll check out SierraFox over the weekend too.

Thanks again!
SAM# 0052