Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
BP Mafia

Mine is a big bottle of liquid, but it's thin enough that you could put it in a spray bottle and apply it that way. An old Windex bottle seems like it would be perfect, or even a fine mist plant sprayer.
A garden hose, not so much.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

Future may be prone to clogging sprayers... I've had problems trying to run it in an airbrush. Ammonia-based cleaner seems to be the best way to clean up the nozzle afterward.

I dampen a rag or paper towel (a cheap one that doesn't lose fibers easily) with water first, then squirt some Future on it, and apply it that way. Works well, but may be prone to loosening decals (and will eat laser printer toner).
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Semroc Space Shuttle
(snip great pics)
Sweet Shuttle, Tim.

That's the second Semroc Space Shuttle I've seen in a week. The other was in our contest Saturday.

It inspires me to to dig out my Blast From The Past clone kit I've never built.

I seem to have collected a disproportionate number of parasite glider kits and Edmonds kits. I have the Quest Space Shuttle Intrepid (unbuilt) that's very similar to the Centuri/Semroc Space Shuttle. About the only one I dont have (yet) is the SST Shuttle-1 now offered by Semroc. I need to add that to my stash

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Awesome. Where'd you get the vintage batteries?

They were in the box with the Servo Launcher. Every now and then you get a cool deal on ePray.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
They were in the box with the Servo Launcher. Every now and then you get a cool deal on ePray.

I think you meant "ePrey"
Old 05-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Dazed and Confused

It's been a while since I've posted on my workbench thread...

I've had a Semroc Taurus painted in base white for several years, just sitting on the shelf, patiently. With all the masking needed, I've put it off for a long time. I already had all the nose cones painted in brilliant Italian Red. I couldn't find the orange-ish red that I wanted, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with Italian.

I finally masked off the bottom and painted it black. Had some hazing due to the humidity, so I shot another coat on here in the house to get rid of it. Don't tell the wife.

Next up were the instrument tunnels. I had some beautiful metallic blue paint and shot it on. It's a deep blue, so unfortunately, it looks black in all but bright sunlight or in front of a bright camera strobe. It makes me mad because I had the tunnels shaped very nicely, perfect tiny fillets, near perfect masking, and absolutely zero wicking of paint under the masking.

At any rate, I'm in the process of sanding of the paint so I can put something on that's a little brighter. Kody has some nice Creatix metallic blue stuff that might be the ticket.

Here are the tunnels, which still look a little dark even with the camera strobe. It won't look anywhere near as slick after reworking it, but at least they won't look black.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Had some hazing due to the humidity, so I shot another coat on here in the house to get rid of it. Don't tell the wife.

That's living on the edge! If we don't see any future posts we'll know what happened.

Oh by the way, I'm not here just for the "olde" rocket discussions.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:50 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
That's living on the edge! If we don't see any future posts we'll know what happened.

No kidding! I missed the IN THE HOUSE the first time around. Jeez, that's asking for a butt-kicking. No wonder you mess with power lines.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
No kidding! I missed the IN THE HOUSE the first time around. Jeez, that's asking for a butt-kicking. No wonder you mess with power lines.

What can I say....I'm a risk taker.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Balsa Junkie

Very nice fleet! Thanks to you I just dropped more coin over at Semroc. That Constellation clone is on its way here along with a Centurion. My uncle gave me a Constellation kit when I was wee and I love its lines. If someone would only reproduce the Condor I wouldn't have to clone one of those either

Man these things are like crack!