Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

As I posted yesterday I would redraw the diagrams for the Lift-Kit, for the plans are confusing. It took some time but have finished the first one. What do you all thank!

I re-drawed the image you did of the Tang barone, I hope that’s ok with you, and its to scale so it can be used as a template.

I will send them all to Scott when there all finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Mach-1 Industries Lift-Kit - Diagram 1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  72.9 KB  

Last edited by Arley Davis : 04-23-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
As I posted yesterday I would redraw the diagrams for the Lift-Kit, for the plans are confusing. It took some time but have finished the first one. What do you all thank!

I re-drawed the image you did of the Tang barone, I hope that’s ok with you, and its to scale so it can be used as a template.

I will send them all to Scott when there all finished.
Arley,

I have no problems with anything that makes it easier for someone to understand how something is done. I think you've captured that
Old 04-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Distant cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
Indeed... so many companies I never even heard of. When I get done cloning my old Centuri favorites (just have the Bandito to go), I may start on some of these others. I like that forked model above.

... Skippy, eh? Who's evil twin are you?

Vern Estes?

Seriously, I had to wiki the whole 'evil twin skippy' thing. One thing I'm not is George W's twin!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
The holes are punched in the motor tube about 1" from the front, 90 degrees apart like you were mounting four fins on a rocket.

Arley, Am I to assume that the 2" and 2 1/8" centerline dimensions for the hole locations on the drawing should be ignored and use the 1" dimension you mentioned earlier?

TRA #09903
Old 04-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by handeman
Arley, Am I to assume that the 2" and 2 1/8" centerline dimensions for the hole locations on the drawing should be ignored and use the 1" dimension you mentioned earlier?
Well, I'm not Arley but he's got some conflicts in his drawing. The drawing shows the holes at 2 1/8 inch from the front of the tube (based on the dimensions on the left side of the image) but I think he meant the front of the coupler since he shows the coupler to be two inches long and about half of it is sticking out of the motor tube. Also, the words on the right side of the image says the holes are 1" from the front of the tube.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Thanks for catching my mistake it would be 1-1/8”. This is one of the reasons I posted it here first because it will be no problem to change it. If you see anything that is wrong with the diagrams Please let me know so I can change them before sending them to Scott.

I will do this right now and delete the diagram and replace it with the corrected one

Thanks Guy’s!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Here is the second Diagram of the Lift-Kit, I do not thank there are any mistakes but if you do see any please let me Know, So I can correct the mistake.

I changed the diagram on #21 as was pointed out!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Mach-1 Industries Lift-Kit - Diagram 2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  60.7 KB  

Last edited by Arley Davis : 04-23-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:40 PM

Here is the Third Diagram of the Lift-Kit, Once again I do not thank there are any mistakes but if you do see any please let me Know, So I can correct the mistake.

You should also know that to get the diagrams posted on this thread, that they are at a low resolution and the ones sent to Scott will Look better.

Next the fin Sheet!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Mach-1 Industries Lift-Kit - Diagram 3.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  106.1 KB  

Last edited by Arley Davis : 04-23-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 PM

I am trying to, At this time make up fin patterns from the small Patterns from the Products flyer that has drawings of all 3 fin types, and I hit an Impasse.

Please do not get Mad Barone put I need you to either send me a trace or post it, of one of the fins or could you take a measurement for me from the fin. From your posted Fin plan shows the Root Edge as 4-1/4”, Leading edge is 2-7/8” and the distance the fin extends gut from the root edge is 2-1/8”. I am pretty sure the fin taps on both are wrong, and the angles and Leading Edges are different. See the Image of Lift-Kit Fin Compassion below!

I know by the plans and the Image of the fins being placed, that the fins are centered between the body Tube. See Image from Catalog.

I sure appreciate this, and I hope I can use the fin Patterns from the Products so we all can make any one of the three Lift-Kits we wish.

Lift-Kit Fin Compassion
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Lift-Kit Image of fin placement.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  28.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Lift-Kit Fin Compassion.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  52.8 KB  

Last edited by Arley Davis : 04-22-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Please do not get Mad Barone put I need you to either send me a trace of post it, of one of the fins or could you take a measurement for me from the fin. From your posted Fin plan shows the Root Edge as 4-1/4”, Leading edge is 2-7/8” and the distance the fin extends gut from the root edge is 2-1/8”. I am pretty sure the fin taps on both are wrong’ and the angles and Leading Edges are different. See the Image of Lift-Kit Fin Compassion below!

I know by the plans and the Image of the fins being placed, that the fins are centered between the body Tube. See Image from Catalog.

I sure appreciate this, and I hope I can use the fin Patterns from the Products so we all can make any one of the three Lift-Kits we wish.

Lift-Kit Fin Compassion
Hey Arley,

Don't worry about upsetting me. We're here to work together to get things figured out. I can't scan the fins because they're attached already so all measurements are coming from the installed fins.

Okay...here's what I've got....

The root edge is 4.25". The tip length is 2 7/8". Cord length is 2 1/8". The leading edge is 2.25".

The fin is not centered on the lift kit. The leading edge is 1/2" back from the forward end of the lift kit. The front of the body slot should be about 4 3/8" from the bottom (1 5/8" from front of tube). The fin tab measurment is something I'm not sure of. I know it has to start 1 1/8" from the leading edge of the fin (because it fits against the forward centering ring of the motor mount). Now, it could be centered on the fin which would mean it would also end 1 1/8" from the rear of the fin. If the root is 4 1/4", then the fin tab length would have to be 2" long. The depth of the tab would have to be the difference between the OD of the BT50 and the OD of the BT 60 (1.637 - .976 = .661"). Now, assuming the fin tab is 2" long, the body tube slot would go from 2 3/8" from bottom of tube to 4 3/8" from bottom of tube.

Does this help Arley?