Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Estes & Centuri Rockets going up on Ebay today

Hi I'm new here. Thought you might be interested in these rocket kits so I joined. I am reserving a few of the less valuable rockets for my cub scouts to blast off - because it looks like a fun hobby. These however, after doing a bit of research, turned out to be Ebay worthy. I need your opinion; I have 2 bags that appear to have been opened and then re-stapled. Should I go ahead and open them and do a parts itemization? (Centuri Sky Lab & Centuri Nomad) The Nomad might just be plastic slipping. I took pictures and will post on Ebay today. If you say open them I will.

• Estes SS Cassiopeia - Level 3 - #1369 - Factory Sealed, nearly Mint, some slight creases hang tag
• Estes Jupiter-C - Level 4 - #1976 - Factory Sealed Mint
• Estes - Mean Machine - Level 2 - #1295 - bag opened - missing parts itemized
• Estes Recruiter - Level 3 - #2013 - - Factory Sealed Mint
• Estes Strikefighter - Level 3 - #2015 - - Factory Sealed Mint
• Estes Super NOVA - Level 2 - #2011 - Factory Sealed Mint
• Estes SDI Satellight - Level 2 - #2003 - Factory Sealed, nearly Mint, small tug holes in back of bag
• Estes TK-2 Screamer - bag opened - not original bag - no face card - missing parts itemized
• Estes Constellation - bag opened - not original bag - no face card
• Centuri ESS Raven - Level 3 - #5312 - Factory Sealed, shows light signs of scuffed wear on bag
• Centuri Excalibur - Level 1 - #5008 (KA-8) - Factory Sealed, shows signs of aging and wear
• Centuri Long Tom - KC-4 (Factory misprint KA-4 marked out and under seal) MINT
• Centuri Draconian Marauder - Level 2 - #5336 - Factory Sealed nearly Mint, small tear & creasing hang tag
• Centuri Nomad - Level 3 - #KB-4 - - Factory Sealed nearly Mint, Metallic Spec Plate included
• Centuri Sky Devil - Level 2 - #5040 - Factory Sealed Mint
• Centuri Sky Lab - Advanced Kit - #KB-4 - Appears to have been re-stapled (I will open it if you ask me to)
• Centuri Snipe Hunter - Level 2 - #5043 (KB-13) - - Factory Sealed, small tear in bag
• Centuri Stiletto - Level 3 - #5031 - Factory Sealed Mint
• Centuri UFO Invader - Level 3 - #5308 - Bag Opened - parts complete (8 "tube replaced with spare)
• Estes Range Box - White - empty
• Misc. bagged spare rocket parts
Old 10-26-2014, 04:23 PM
BAR

Sealed kits are worth much more, as you probably figured out. Some Centuri kits were stapled from the factory, so if they look like original staples, leave them as-is. Put a low starting bid, and you'll get good prices for many of these. Take good pics of front and back, so buyers can see the as much as possible of the contents. Good luck.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 10-27-2014, 12:11 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Thanks Paul. I'm slowly loading them onto Ebay. Got 9 up today. I've been taking my time and doing the research. I appreciate your advice. ~Wren
Old 10-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Listed every single kit with a starting price of 9.99

Not all of them are as mint as I first thought. I listed all the imperfections. I'm still wondering about the staple job on the Sky Lab, I got some good input through the message board but to me it looks like too much of a plastic shift to be factory stapled. I would hate for someone to buy the model and discover parts were missing. Should I open it?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Master Modeler

Which one do you predict will get the highest bid?
Right now the ESS Raven is in the lead at $77.00.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default dlazarus6660 wants to know which one will get highest bid!

You guys warm my heart.

I haven't posted much since I slapped mention of my Ebay listings up in here 10 days ago - but I have read through your remarks and I've come to the conclusion that you are a great group of people. (Mom always said, Wren when you get older it will be good for you to join a quilters guild, I don't think she knew about Rocket People.) I've decided, the ones that don't sell will be immediately opened by my son and I. Building rockets looks like our new thing.

Which one will go for the highest?

At first I thought it would be the SS Cassiopeia, what with it being one of the 20 top most exotics. That one's standing at $41 right now.

The Astron Farside took a huge leap almost immediately. Taugy is the higher bidder and I have a place in my heart for him because he bought from me last year. It's going for $67 right now.

The Jupiter-C wowed me with immediate popularity, it's standing at $48 right now.

Then there's the Blackhawk at $50

The Astron Saros at $52 (thank you 2012bricklayer - Legos right?)

And the ESS Raven at $77 woohooo!

It's exciting to watch. If I were a betting girl, I would bet the ESS Raven goes for … $102. To be honest I have no idea. It's all about supply and demand and urgent needs and desires, isn't it?

I see I have a few unanswered questions to reply to. Our campout with the Webelos turned into a Polar Campout with frost on the tents in the morning. Quite invigorating!

15 hours to go!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

I would say that the top bidders will likely be the Cassiopeia or the Raven. The auction is not done yet. Of course, it is hard to tell. I can say that I know both Taugy and Bricklayer and they are both good eggs, so I will be rooting for them. Oh and bricklayer does not refer to Legos but rather to actual bricks. Good luck in your auctions. I hope that $102 is your lowest price...

I hate rules.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Thanks for the good Ebaying wishes

Harold , that's very kind of you. I will faint if I get that much! (No I won't, I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader, we don't faint!)

Before last year's rocket sales on Ebay I had no idea that a small plastic bag filled with cardboard tubes and balsa, and just the right set of decals could cause so much bidding fervor. Some of the opened kits (not listed yet) were destined for the dump so I feel satisfied that I've helped preserve a very cool hobby. This is fun.

I'll be listing a few more sealed kits and then I'll move on to the partially built or opened kits. I've looked high and low for the missing parts but I can't find all of them. Some of them have plastic parts intact, such as the Star Wars rocket, and some are partially glued. One piece baffles me, it's a big plastic futuristic body shape. I decided it was worth my time to sort what I can and list small batches based on what was zip-locked together.

I'll try to get the majority of what's left posted this month. (Hopefully starting tonight! My daughter is working the polls so I'll probably start posting after 8 pm - Pacific time.)

Take care and happy bidding.
~Wren
Old 11-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Hi All, I'm digging through the next batch of rockets and listing them on Ebay today with a 5 day run to catch the weekend. (I will TRY to get them all up by a decent hour so you don't have to pull a late-nighter on the East Coast!) In the spirit of a true auction I started everything at $9.99 just like last time.

I want to extend my gratitude to the collectors who bought from me recently. Thank You!

In case anyone is interested in what some of the rockets went for… my highest sale was the NOMAD for $203.50 it had 23 bids. The RAVEN went for $125.48 with 20 bids and my 3rd highest sale was the LONG TOM KC-4 which sold for $119.26 with 18 bidders. I wasn't too far off my guess for the Cassiopeia which went for $104.26 and had 20 bidders. Most of the kits I sold recently were mint. The next batch is a mixture of mint and opened.

The first Ebay listing is up and already has watchers! (Thank You!) It's a Vintage NAR Model Rocket Limited Edition OVATION 35 Kit Number #985/1000 Sealed.
LINK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/25173297085...984.m1555.l2649

Here's to a juicy turkey with crunchy skin. Happy T-day!
~Wren
Old 11-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Desert Wren
Hi All, I'm digging through the next batch of rockets and listing them on Ebay today with a 5 day run to catch the weekend. (I will TRY to get them all up by a decent hour so you don't have to pull a late-nighter on the East Coast!) In the spirit of a true auction I started everything at $9.99 just like last time.

I want to extend my gratitude to the collectors who bought from me recently. Thank You!

In case anyone is interested in what some of the rockets went for… my highest sale was the NOMAD for $203.50 it had 23 bids. The RAVEN went for $125.48 with 20 bids and my 3rd highest sale was the LONG TOM KC-4 which sold for $119.26 with 18 bidders. I wasn't too far off my guess for the Cassiopeia which went for $104.26 and had 20 bidders. Most of the kits I sold recently were mint. The next batch is a mixture of mint and opened.

The first Ebay listing is up and already has watchers! (Thank You!) It's a Vintage NAR Model Rocket Limited Edition OVATION 35 Kit Number #985/1000 Sealed.
LINK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/25173297085...984.m1555.l2649

Here's to a juicy turkey with crunchy skin. Happy T-day!
~Wren

Just saw some of the newly listed ones. I was very happy with the boxed Long Tom....very nice mint condition with shrink wrap still intact. The boxed Centuri kits like the Long Tom, Quasar, Orion and one or two others don't come up very often at all and the boxed version of the Long Tom was one I did not have.

Will look forward to your other offerings.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970