Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
It wasn't hyped. It was spread by word of mouth and social media for the most part. The million man march was hyped almost daily for months, but only 400,000 showed up and the media ignored that aspect of it. Other events have been treated similarly.

One can bet if it had been even the "Four Man March" for Travon Martin the media would have been all over it non-stop.

If it does not meet the pre-determined narrative, the mainstream media ain't gonna be there. Bengazi anyone?.......

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Junior Rocketeer

This year on 9/11/13 according to this link 25 showed up. I cannot find any more information about the Muslims affair.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...on-Muslim-March

I assure you a whole not more bikers where there.

Keep in mind the 1 million Muslim march where granted a permit and the bikers where not. But they showed up any how as it is not e legal to drive throw DC. When the response was so great all including the police helped. I have yet seen any other group of American s do half what the bikers did in WAY TOO MANY YEARS.

The reason most where there is to give all a chance to voice their opinion freely and if we do not do more we will lose this.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Might disagree with some of your suggested sources there, but you are correct that it's a serious mistake to rely on US lamestream media alone as a source for information...

Later! OL JR

I have to agree with your suggested sources, you should always listen to what the opposition
has to say, although it might be pure B.S. there is always something to be learned if not by what is said. but how it's said.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Blaster

Quote:
I'm just answering your question, nothing more and nothing less. Regardless of the other stuff said by any member here, including you and the OP, regardless of any political slant, regardless of any trivial coverage, my reply is fact.

You can do better than quoting me and making a statement that implies that I'm an uninformed idiot, considering I posted a very well informed answer to your question. I made no statement that even remotely indicates an inkling of surprise.

ZEP, the absolute Fact here is Political Correctness. Bikers = Outlaws,= No Votes
Muslims =The Oppressed = Votes, now who would you Hype?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Master: Dark Art of Model Rocketry

Quote:
I'm just answering your question, nothing more and nothing less. Regardless of the other stuff said by any member here, including you and the OP, regardless of any political slant, regardless of any trivial coverage, my reply is fact.

You can do better than quoting me and making a statement that implies that I'm an uninformed idiot, considering I posted a very well informed answer to your question. I made no statement that even remotely indicates an inkling of surprise.

You read too much into it. I took your observations as a third person position, that's why I said "people".

Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry

www.shrox.com
Old 09-14-2013, 10:56 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
It was not any where covered as it should have been or anything else this big would have been. How many bikers did these places say???? Please tell me what stations or media and I will be able to look it up on the internet.
Thanks
Jeff

Nobody was beaten or raped and a toxic waste dump was not left behind. No racial epithets were uttered. Hence it was "not news."

I like realclearpolitics.com - links to all points on the spectrum, plus they have many useful offshoots like realclearmarkets, realclearscience, etc.

On the way to an outreach launch at a YMCA camp today, there were some people on a bridge over the highway. As I got closer, traffic slowed and I can see signs saying, "Impeach Obama." It is either Tea Party or anti-war. Whoever thought they would be on the same side of anything?

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 09-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

When I first started watching BBC News I noticed how biased they were. With a new perspective, I then realized how biased all the US news was.
__________________________________________________ ________
Old 09-15-2013, 03:43 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
It wasn't hyped. It was spread by word of mouth and social media for the most part. The million man march was hyped almost daily for months, but only 400,000 showed up and the media ignored that aspect of it. Other events have been treated similarly.
That is the most egregious kind of media bias; instead of being "spun" when reported, some big events are simply not reported at all, or are mentioned briefly and then quickly dropped.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 09-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Washington DC Police said between 1.2 and 1.3 million bikes showed up.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Old and in the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
Washington DC Police said between 1.2 and 1.3 million bikes showed up.

Do you have a source for that?
I've always understood that the police and the park service did not make crowd estimates for events.