Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Olivola
I'm old enough to remember the pledge before "under god" was added. How did the U.S. get through WWII without it?

I am wondering how we are going to get through these times without it?

Jonathan
Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie
Wow. I had no idea this topic would be a thread. Having read the opinions, I will choose my
words extremely carefully. I teach 3rd grade in Floirda. We were told earlier
in the year by the state and county that it was predicted that FCAT scores in all areas
Reading, Writing, and Math would be lower this year due to the fact that the state was
raising the bar. Proficieny in writing was increased from a score of about 3.0 to 4.0.
Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling were to be counted as part of the score for the first
time ever in the history of the writing FCAT. An "emergency session" was held in Tallahassee
to figure out what to do. It was decided that the proficiency level would be dropped to 3.0
for this year only. Committees will be researching to see why test scores were so low and
what will be done about it for next year.

For Math, Reading, and Science it was the same test this year as last year, but students will
have to score a higher number of points to receive a passing grade. It was predicted that
there would be a lot more F schools and C schools as well.

I will refrain from giving any personal opinions. The info. I have stated above is as factual
as I can put it.

Well for you people over 60, I don't know who the hell is going to pay the taxes that fund your social security ... maybe you old timers need to buy facebook stock on Friday and hope?

Jonathan
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
GH, one thing I have to disagree with you on there. **** near every education major I have seen who graduated college in the last 20 years are the most poorly educated, ignorant, and the most highly politically indoctrinated college grads I know of. They and the education colleges they graduated from are at least 50% to blame for the piss poor state of American education.

BTW...my wife is a substitute teacher, and her sister is a full time teacher and they agree with these opinions. What we have is not a public education system, but an indoctrination system.

+1...

Thing is, now the teachers don't have TIME to teach the subject material anymore... between "mainstreaming" special-needs kids and forcing the teacher to modify their tests and materials for EVERY STUDENT listed as 'special needs' according to their "mods" to their "education plan" drawn up every year in meetings between the parents, counselor(s), principal(s), teacher(s), etc., and stupid stuff like "no child left behind" (no matter how stupid they are or how little they care about actually doing the work or trying to learn anything or actually pass), then you add on all this stupid "fad" stuff like "knowledge based education" and constant staff meetings and department meetings and looking at all the statistics and analysis and group therapy encounter sessions for the staff type crapola, then toss in the fact that the curriculum is now BASED on teaching the materials on the standardized tests instead of the basic tenets of the subject, and it's amazing that teachers manage to actually teach anything at all...

I know at one time I wanted to be a teacher-- now, after seeing the monkey show via my sister who's a band director, my BIL who's a social studies high school teacher and looking for a vice principal job which the school won't HIRE and PAY him to do, but simply calls him out of class to do FOR FREE whenever it's to their convenience, and my wife who's a high school English Pre-AP teacher, ESL, and reading teacher, I can safely say that *I* wouldn't put up with HALF the BS they do for DOUBLE the salary... it's FRIGGING REDICULOUS. Now, to top it all off, the State is going broke and cutting funding for schools, while still issuing plenty of mandates, and so the local schools are cutting staffing levels and not hiring to replace retirees or folks who leave... so the class size is going through the roof, and they've got EVERYBODY quaking in their boots for fear of losing their job, and really screwing them over dumping more stuff on them, and you don't DARE complain or you won't find your contract renewed... and with no other schools hiring either, if you get canned, you can forget getting a job in most cases...

Of course, in a few years, the good teachers will either retire or say "to h3ll with it" and get tired of taking it up the backside from the schools and get a better paying, less stressful job in other fields... THEN the States will be in panic mode because they can't get enough teachers, and be crying because the public education system has become more of a sewer than it is now... at least maybe then you can find a job with a district that will treat you better or have better pay...

Til then, bend over and grab your ankles!!!

Nope, I wouldn't be a teacher nowdays for 100K a year... no way...

later! OL JR
Old 05-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Master Modeler

Figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
I am wondering how we are going to get through these times without it?

Jonathan
Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Master Modeler

I gave a test today and caought a hispanic girl texting on her cell phone. I don't know if she was talking or cheating, what does that say!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660
I gave a test today and caought a hispanic girl texting on her cell phone. I don't know if she was talking or cheating, what does that say!

Knowledge is power.

How do you take power from people? Answer: keep them dumb , fat and happy...

Dumb - National Education Association + American Federation of Teachers
Fat - Taco Bell, McDonald's, sugar in just about everything we ingest
Happy - American Idol, Glee, Late Night with <Insert Blank>, games on Facebook

Check, check, and check.

Jonathan
Old 05-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Knowledge is power.

How do you take power from people? Answer: keep them dumb , fat and happy...

Happy - American Idol, Glee, Late Night with <Insert Blank>, games on Facebook

The Avengers movie

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 05-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Trust me, it'll work!

I have said many times that these reality shows are proof of human de-evolution!

But, I noticed this trend a long time ago. In my home county, where people have no respect for anyone or anything wear camo (head to toe) to work, court, and church.

Which is why I call these new shows;
Dancing With The Tards, So You Think You're A Tard, America's Got Tards...
Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
I have said many times that these reality shows are proof of human de-evolution!

But, I noticed this trend a long time ago. In my home county, where people have no respect for anyone or anything wear camo (head to toe) to work, court, and church.

Which is why I call these new shows;
Dancing With The Tards, So You Think You're A Tard, America's Got Tards...

Mycrofte,

What is your home country? Glad you came to America. The only way this nation stays a float is by people like you who legally immigrate to America and bring talents with them; you are here to PRODUCE and not to line up for a welfare check like some

Jonathan
Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Mycrofte,

What is your home country? Glad you came to America. The only way this nation stays a float is by people like you who legally immigrate to America and bring talents with them; you are here to PRODUCE and not to line up for a welfare check like some

Jonathan
He said county not country so I assume he lives in the US.
NAR #62740 L1
AMA #46042
CMASS & RIMRA Member