Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Did you see that yaw control?

Default Estes Cold Power Yankee Five

Hi Everyone,

I have a Estes Yankee Five Cold Power kit that I have decided to part with. The kit is open, but complete. Tubes are a bit out of round, but I have seen far worse salvaged. All parts, decals, and instructions are present, including a new cold power engine. As far as I can tell, the tabs are good and nothing appears to be brittle or dried out. some of the coloring from the parachute kit has rubbed off on the motor casing, I'm sure that would clean up easily.

I do not have the launcher for this kit, but the fueling valve and fueling hose is included. I also have a few other cold power parts I will incude; two electric ignitors (for the Vashon-type motors), an extra deployment spring, and an extra fueling valve. All NIP.

Cold power was before my time; I was always curious about it and I'm glad I had the chance to examine it. I just feel that there are cold power people out there that would appreciate this more. Since this is an open kit it's just begging to be built and flown.

As a bonus, I have scanned in the fins and decals for this kit, and made a BT-5 cardstock mini version. I'll put a few printouts in the box you you can fly a downscale if you so choose.

These don't come up too often, so I'm not really sure what it's worth. Ideally, I'm hoping that someone might like to trade me a Centuri starter set or an Estes Starter set that came with the 6v lantern battery pad. I intend to use the pad(s), so open box is fine, but I would prefer unbuilt if possible.

I am happy to send pictures or email more details. If you are interested reply here or send a PM and I will get you any details I can. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Apollo Nut

Not sure exactly which version battery mounted pad you might be interested in, but here's an Estes version on ebay for a fair price (get a rocket along with it).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/flying-mode...aee1#ht_92wt_56

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Estes re-release cold power. We'll pay the Freon fines! We're zealots.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Earl,

Thanks for the reply. That's the pad I'm talking about. I was ready to jump on that auction earlier today but contacted the seller about shipping first. Turns out he wants $24 to ship to me; which puts it a little more than I would spend for that set

I mostly fly cardstock downscale clones these days, and find it fun to fly them off of vintage launch equipment. I'm trying to fill a few gaps in my collection, and thought someone might have what I need and might also want the coldpower kit (everyone wins )
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Craftsman

Default coldpower

"Estes re-release cold power. We'll pay the Freon fines! We're zealots."

I am not trying to start a argument with the tree huggers but you might re consider that statement Jerry. Knowingly releasing R12 into the atmosphere is a 10,000.00 fine. I love coldpower stuff and used to have several cars and rockets than ran on them in the 70's.
Wish there was a new effecient version today.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbons4
"Estes re-release cold power. We'll pay the Freon fines! We're zealots."

I am not trying to start a argument with the tree huggers but you might re consider that statement Jerry. Knowingly releasing R12 into the atmosphere is a 10,000.00 fine. I love coldpower stuff and used to have several cars and rockets than ran on them in the 70's.
Wish there was a new effecient version today.

The tree huggers won that argument. There was discussion about substitutes in this thread: http://oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=7386

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 04-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Craftsman

Yea common sense is a rare item today. I used to argue with the idiots but they made it illegal to shoot them.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Craftsman

Yea I remember reading that.................... Whats that old saying "Figures don't lie but liars figure".
If we just had a shuttle ,or SST, that burned hippies..........................
Old 05-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Banned

So was the Yankee sold?!?

Jonathan
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Yankee is not sold yet. No worries, I don't have any R-100 propellant. I was planning to try and use the airbrush propellant substitute. Between the leaded gas in my classic car and my two stroke motorcycle, I'm sure the EPA has enough on me without a freon-powered model rocket