Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Building Techniques
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 09:26 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Individual states should not even be allowed to have their own EPA. They should have to at a MAX accept the lousy over-reaching federal standards. If a company meets the FEDERAL standard (which is already too high) the states should have to suck it up and deal with it. If INDIVIDUALS don't like spraying high VOC paints they should be free to choose to not use them.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Master Modeler

I heard a rumor that Dope and Balsa Sealer will also be affected by this in the near future. This is second hand info, and I hope it does not happen.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:42 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Individual states should not even be allowed to have their own EPA. They should have to at a MAX accept the lousy over-reaching federal standards. If a company meets the FEDERAL standard (which is already too high) the states should have to suck it up and deal with it. If INDIVIDUALS don't like spraying high VOC paints they should be free to choose to not use them.

Wait... didn't you say something recently about only the STATES should have the right to set up and recognize whatever standards their CITIZENS are willing to allow... now you're saying the states should be FORBIDDEN to have any say-so in the enviro-regs they enforce... Which is it??

Personally I think the fed should butt out... let the states individually regulate to their own standards and answer to their own citizens. Places like COMMIEFORNIA that want to regulate out the wazzoo... tell them to go pound sand and don't sell your products there... Biggest mistake any NATIONAL industry in the US ever made was to start manufacturing cars to meet Kalifornia Emission standards that were stricter than the US-- it legitimized the whole practice. Had the automakers told the P.R.K. to go pound sand-- we just won't sell any cars in Commiefornia-- you can drive 53 Studebakers for the next 50 years like they do in Cuba for all we care-- we're NOT cow-towing to some overzealous state regulations that are MORE STRINGENT than federal regs... (since we DO have a federal EPA issuing regs and standards-- if we had only the states, then the individual mfg.s could decide which regs they wanted to comply with and which not, and refuse to sell their cars in states where the regs were too strict-- either abandon the market to the competition or try to get the regs changed, or comply if there was still a profit to be made by complying). I GUARANTEE the Commiefornia regs would have been rolled back to Federal standards-- how does a state get away with setting standards higher than the Fed anyway?? I know here in TX there was a big brou-ha-ha over the fact that the state's qualification standards for some public aide was "too high" compared to Fed standards a few years back and we had to roll them back to put more people on the dole or lose the Fed funding and face big Fed lawsuits and crap...

I agree we need SOME regs but it's LONG past good sense and now it's becoming absolutely rediculous... I was reading in the FARM JOURNAL this month about a guy in AZ who got a multi-thousand dollar fine for a silage truck tracking a little dirt on the highway-- their dust mitigation regulations have already forced him to abandon growing row crops because it raised too much dust, and so he switched his entire operation over to growing forage alfalfa and cutting it for dairy silage-- now the enviro-cops camp out on the side of the road outside everybody's farms and watch like a hawk-- if they raise dust or track dirt on the road that passing cars will raise as dust-- they get a HUGE fine for being 'out of compliance'. I wouldn't live like that-- I'd sell out, tell them the **** well go f-ing hungry and move to Mexico or someplace else... this country is TOTALLY F-ing SICK IN THE HEAD!!! Not just dust anymore-- they want to regulate everything from runoff to cow farts... and I for one am **** well NOT F-ING PAYING IT... I'll shut down and see the whole **** place grow up in weeds nine feet tall first!!!

In a few years folks'll be screaming and shouting and rioting in the streets because milk is $12 a gallon and the store shelves are bare; cursing the "greedy" farmers whom they've bankrupted with these idiotic enviro-regs and wondering why there isn't enough food anymore...

Later! OL JR
Old 05-20-2011, 11:50 AM

Actually state or federal, I'm against further regs that reduce personal individual freedoms in the name of some ill-advised supposed 'greater collective good'. If it was up to me I would probably get rid of 90% of the laws that are on the books as most have zero base in common sense freedom that this country was founded on.
I'm a HUGE believer in YOU stay OUT of MY BIZZNESS and I will stay out of YOURS.
Whack-job states like Commiefornia are always trying to ram-rodd some BS idiotic WEIRDO cause down the throats of their residents, but also on the rest of the country. It will do the rest of the country good when that miserable state gov't of CA finally goes broke and has to shut down.

Dammed straight on the comment about Kommiefornia emission/enviro standards. I wish the major companies would have fought that in the US Supreme Ct when they first passed it to summarily SHUT EM' DOWN !; if brought there now with the court judiciary makeup we have it may be well shut down now.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Master Modeler

Hey, I love California.....Where else can you build a small hobby rocket and not be able to fly it without the permission of the Governor himself? Can't wait until I retire, I am out of here.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM

It's unbelievable the crap you folks out in Kommiefornia put up with.
Try 10% of the crap laws you have there in Michigan and you would literally have a full-force riot on your hands.
We have ZERO non-commercial vehicle inspections/testing for emissions and safety here and WE LIKE IT !!!
You can run a COAL-fired steam-powered car here if you want and there is NOTHING any enviro-whacko can do about it here other than to SUCK IT UP AND DEEL WITH IT !

Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Master Modeler

"We have ZERO non-commercial vehicle inspections/testing for emissions and safety here and WE LIKE IT !!!"

That's because you don't have cars driving around with BC Licence plates.....
Old 05-20-2011, 02:02 PM

What are BC license plates ???
As in BC dates ????
We have plenty of old cars...look at our Woodward Dream (nightmare) Cruise.
There are plenty of cars that smoke like old-school freight trains...TOUGH !
Plenty of guys with old-school musclecars in the summer that run Leaded AV-Gas too...TOUGH !
Wheels and a motor if it is not flat out scattering parts all over the road, you can drive it here.
We dun't neeeed no STEEEENKINNNG INSPEKSHUNS !

Old 05-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Master Modeler

Mexico.....
Old 05-20-2011, 07:41 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
Mexico.....

Think I'd prefer that to what we're getting...

A Gestapo state without the protection...

Better to have next to anarchy and be left alone...

Later! OL JR