Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Craftsman

Default Shelby Farms Makeup Launch

I wasn't able to attend the get together at Shelby Farms last week but I was finally able to launch a few today here at home.
I launched 1 small rocket and helped my grandson with the one he built when they came to visit a couple of weeks ago and that was my first in 35 + Years. Today I ventured into the world of reloads and I had a ball.

First was my Squire with a perfect flight to check the wind. (B6-4)

Second was my "Zooch Mercury Redstone" Sent her up on a C6-3 (Dr's Orders) and it was a perfect flight landing about 150 ft in front of us.

Third and fourth was my "Applewhite 7.25" Saucer" It was my first attempt at reloads and I guess I did it right because both motors worked, I tried a F12-J and D15-T. Both were impressive. I did have one Copperhead misfire on the first try but I put another in and all went as planned after that.

Next and the final rocket for the day was my Canadian Arrow V2.. I used an Aerotech SU E15-4W. This was more than I could hope for. The flight went,,,well "Straight as an Arrow" and came down about 200 feet in front of us. Nice motor for this rocket but it did eject the motor. I will have to remedy that before I use my reloads with it.
Next time I'll try the clusters. There wasn't enough time today.

It was a great day!!!
Heres the video of the V2 launch. I will have more of the other's and pictures later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmwp6afnsjQ

Last edited by Race58 : 04-21-2008 at 01:27 AM.