Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Paper Rocketeer

I think the point here is that everyone is different. Look around at various retailers and discounters in your area. Shop around until you see something you think will work for you. As I said, I found a nice tool box at Rural King, but I already had a couple of cases for all my motors (for that, I like the flat utility boxes at Lowes - they have plastic dividers that you can put in any way you like, and it is about 3 inches deep - perfect for standing a rocket motor on end. So I can put each motor type in a separate compartment - I can squeeze about 12 motors in each compartment. Two cases cover pretty much all the motors made.

Harbor Freight is a fantastic source for a lot of rocket building supplies. For example, check out their inexpensive digital calipers. I understand they also have a nice little scale that goes down to 1/10 gram (much better than a kitchen or mail scale - they mostly only go to 1 gram). The more you get into rocketry, the more you'll walk around almost any store thinking "how can I use that to build rockets?"

Greg