Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Default Feedback Needed for a possible Roachwerks kit

For those of you that think it's easy to design and come out with a new kit especially =scale= well...you are very wrong!

I don't want to commit myself to anything just yet so I want some feedback on an "idea" .

This would be a "dual" kit. You will be able to make two (2) different =scale= models from this kit.

One model will have a 24mm motor mount.

The other kit will have a cluster motor mount. I haven't worked that out just yet.

Start with an Estes Mercury Redstone kit. Either supplied by me...maybe...or supplied by the builder.

The kit will have parts to make a 24mm motor and the bottom of the Mercury Redstone kit with a new upper stage, decals and nose cone to make a Jupiter C. The rocket that launched our first satelite Exploer I

The second kit will use the Mercury Capsule to make a cluster powered Mercury Little Joe. I'm not sure what round to document yet or if I am even going to provide any documentation.

I am currently leaning toward round LJ5A or LJ5B.

I have a ton of research to do yet so that I get =scale= accuracy but I need to know if there is any interest in this type of project before I do a lot of work.

A lot of what I am doing is seeing about getting a bunch of the Estes Mercury Redstone kits.

BTW I have a bunch of LTV Scout kits made and ready! They will need to be sold to finance this project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  dual kit.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  39.7 KB  

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 07-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone
Default I'm confused (naturally)

Gordon,

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like a kit bash for a Mercury Redstone and I assume it's based on the latest rendition from Estes (plastic fins). Instead of gluing the two body tubes together, the upper body tube can be used for the Explorer. Then use the capsule for a little joe? Is that what you mean?

Don
NAR 53455
Old 07-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

EXACTLY!!

But with extra parts.

Instructions, patterns, decals, documentation on both models, a new nose cone and satelite for the Jupiter C, fins for the Little Joe motor mount...etc...lots of "stuff".

http://sandmandecals.com/

Last edited by sandman : 07-12-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Well, yeah, I can go there. I don't like the new Redstone so much (mostly the peel and stick decals) so being able to do something with it would be good. Almost as good as a multi-roc

Don
NAR 53455
Old 10-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Fish Worship... Is it wrong?

Default LJ kitbash

I'm interested. I was thinking about doing the same thing and have scrounged up a couple of the estes kits and I've got some drawings to make it happen, but haven't done anything about it other than that.

If you are interested in/ready to sell just the extra bits to kitbash the estes kit, I've got a hole in my pocket with your name on it.