Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Almost shovel ready

More right wing propaganda: http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id296.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Ronald Reagan.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  8.2 KB  
Old 07-30-2014, 01:12 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Thanks tmacklin for a pic of the 2nd worst POS president the USA has ever been saddled with.
Only one worse was Warren G. Harding. RutherFRAUD Hayes was close to as bad though.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 07-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Almost shovel ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Thanks tmacklin for a pic of the 2nd worst POS president the USA has ever been saddled with.
Only one worse was Warren G. Harding. RutherFRAUD Hayes was close to as bad though.

My pleasure! I always aim to please.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Almost shovel ready

Here's another load for GH's Upper Deck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._election,_1980

49,903,230 voters vs. 13,000 air traffic controllers. No contest.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:23 PM

Drink a nice stinky mug of upper-dekker water. Reagan did that regularly...that's the only explanation for the extreme PRUNATION of his stupid face.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:28 PM

Food for thought from a VERY intelligent authority. One of the richest in the world stating that trickle-down idiotic policies first started by that POS reagan DO NOT F'N WORK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_549385256622276.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  121.2 KB  

Old 07-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Almost shovel ready

Quote:
Drink a nice stinky mug of upper-dekker water. Reagan did that regularly...that's the only explanation for the extreme PRUNATION of his stupid face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmtpau8sOU
Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Bernard, by your father NOT supporting his coworkers in the ATC walk-off in 1981, he forever became a SCAB. Back in the 50's and 60's SCABS were very uncommon due to the fact that it usually RIGHTEOUSLY SO resulted in a PHYSICAL BEAT-DOWN by the union members for crossing picket lines. YES, I DO THINK IT WOULD BE WELL DESERVED...the cops generally did nothing either as they CORRECTLY supported the UNIONS.
The higher-ups in gov't FIRST started the illegal action by refusing to bargain with the ATC union (PATCO) in good faith. THEY and THEY ALONE were the culprits at fault and FORCED the ATC walkout. Thankfully CLINTON brought several deserving individuals back to correct the injustice of the ILLEGAL GOV'T action of firing them. They still never have gotten any recourse from the Treasury dept. flat-out STEALING bank accounts of the air traffic controllers with zero due process.

I DEFINITELY think ALL unions should have the power to STRIKE AT WILL, especially police, fire, air traffic control, and teachers. It gives them the POWER to FORCE mgmt to cave-in to their demands, or face public backlash.

Actually, by not supporting the union workers, as opposed to his co-workers he was much more than you shall ever be. He was a man who stood up for his sense of right and his sense of duty. And just because a majority (not the totality as is often assumed) of those Air Traffic Controllers went on strike, does not make them correct.In this respect he could be seen as that man in that other thread in the picture posted by Shrox, were he is standing not giving the Nazi salute.

Now don't get me wrong, I think unions had, and still have there place. but when the law states you do this, you do this, and all those PATCO employees thought they were better than the law, and better than anyone else. As Luke talks about, good unions don't need closed shops, provide a better service and product and people will come to you. It is the essential American way.

Just because you are angry at the small percentage, who in your mind control "everything" (the uber rich), don't try to impose your "sense of decency" upon me, because I have found in my short time upon this Earth that the only ones who "appear" to benefit the most from the ways you here support, are those who would perish from inaction (not inability) in the other aspect.

It is true that the "Uber Rich" exert a lot of pressure on certain things. One of those things however is not the way I live my life. Also, you may think,incorrectly I believe, that all of the "uber rich" are conservative and/or Republican. This could be the worse misconception of your life, and until you realize just how many of that category are and support the Democratic party, you will not realize really just how bad a shape this country is in.

So GH, keep railing against the "gubmint" in general, because in that you are not wrong and keep us informed about the chemical properties and benefits of paints and solvents, for in this regard I am fully in awe of your knowledge and wisdom. In matters of the politic however I think you have a bit more wisdom to learn.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Master Modeler

Oh and GH, at what level or in what situation do we decide that an individual should not be able to strike?

Could you see the military having to deal with a legal strike as the British were marching on Washington in 1812?

For good or bad, we have given the power to impose laws upon congress and they declared that PATCO was acting illegally through a law they wrote and The Supreme Court of the United States upheld.

At that point, you fight city hall or shut up by changing the law, not by whining about it 30 years later.

In other words the PATCO scum who let themselves be quitted, need to shut up and get over it! to paraphrase a good friend and associate.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe
My experience is exactly the opposite. My place of employment has a pay-for performance salary system that rewards hard-working employees with faster promotions and holds underperforming employees accountable for their poor work. When this system was implemented, some workers chose to stay in a unionized shop while the rest transferred to the new system. Those on the pay-for-performance system now make on average twice as much as those who remained in the union. They are also considerably more productive with far fewer disciplinary problems and quality complaints.

This productivity seems to be due not only to workers being encouraged to improve by the prospect of faster promotion but also because poor performers quit if they don't feel they are getting under they deserve. The unionized employees, on the other hand, stay no matter how bad they are because the union protects them from accountability and makes them much harder to fire. These poor employees are a major drain on supervisors and co-workers who have to cope with their bad behaviors.

I will say that the one place I can see a union potentially being useful is for low-skilled employees where supply far exceeds demand. Those jobs become increasingly rare in our service-based technological society. For skilled jobs, unions depress salaries and reduce innovation by restraining high-performers and coddling underachievers. My organization has become far stronger and more successful when the majority of the workforce decided to leave unions. This is born out by regular surveys of employee job satisfaction and customer satisfaction between the parts of the organization on pay-for-performance vs. those that are still unionized.

Then you work in a VERY, VERY good work environment, which is an extremely rare thing. You're very lucky.

For the other 95% of the workforce though who aren't as lucky... unions have their place.

I won't disagree that union ABUSE and abuse of the unionized system by substandard workers, or workers looking for a 'free ride' and all the perks isn't a problem. Need look no further than the Rust Belt to see that... That's why a lot of auto companies are moving to the deep South, Texas, and other such "non-traditional" regions to build new car plants... beat the stranglehold of the AFL-CIO and UAW...

Later! OL JR