Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2018, 09:49 PM
frustrated aero

WOW! Lee Piester posted a history video about Centuri on Facebook...during the video he shows some artifacts, artwork, catalogs, and drawings. This blueprint appears for an instant...but there you have it! The official dimensions for the LIA-77 and LIA-100 legs!!! I wish I could get a screen shot without the video controls, but when you pause they appear, and stay there...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  CenturiLegPlans.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  230.8 KB  
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 08-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
WOW! Lee Piester posted a history video about Centuri on Facebook...during the video he shows some artifacts, artwork, catalogs, and drawings. This blueprint appears for an instant...but there you have it! The official dimensions for the LIA-77 and LIA-100 legs!!! I wish I could get a screen shot without the video controls, but when you pause they appear, and stay there...

Nice catch, David! Thanks for capturing and posting this image of the original LIA-77 and LIA-100 wooden launcher leg pattern drawings and for bringing attention to the Facebook video for those of us who don't normally visit there! I would imagine that Lee and Betty Piester have several more rocketry gems like this tucked away, ready to be revealed someday at the Seattle Museum of Flight. It would be nice if this video is also posted to YouTube. It provides a wonderful preview of Centuri and other model rocketry artifacts to be made available at the museum.

https://www.facebook.com/centurimod...?type=2&theater

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Old 08-30-2018, 08:17 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

WAYYYYYYYY Cool video about Centuri !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101

That was filmed in the area of the building where Enertek had offices and work areas.

I saw where my old desk was located, on the mezzanine, over looking the downstairs area.

Way cool!
Old 08-30-2018, 08:57 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithwalker
Nice catch, David! Thanks for capturing and posting this image of the original LIA-77 and LIA-100 wooden launcher leg pattern drawings and for bringing attention to the Facebook video for those of us who don't normally visit there! I would imagine that Lee and Betty Piester have several more rocketry gems like this tucked away, ready to be revealed someday at the Seattle Museum of Flight. It would be nice if this video is also posted to YouTube.hhttps://www.facebook.com/centurimod...?type=2&theater

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR

Hi Jeff, It was great meeting you at NARAM, enjoyed your Centuri display. I think you have some items that would be at home in the museum. Thanks again for the Lectra Line dimensions. John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  thumbnail_WP_20180830_21_33_01_Pro launcher.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  188.3 KB  

Last edited by JohnNGA : 08-30-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:57 PM
Craftsman

Default Centuri Lectra-Line EFC-44 Ignition Outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNGA
Hi Jeff, It was great meeting you at NARAM, enjoyed your Centuri display. I think you have some items that would be at home in the museum. Thanks again for the Lectra Line dimensions. John

Hi John, thank you for your kind words. Likewise, it was nice meeting you and your wife at NARAM 60 in Pueblo. Great job on the reproduction Centuri Lectra-Line EFC-44 Ignition Outfit launch controller! It was my pleasure to supply you with the dimensions. Now all you need is a copy of the original instructions to go along with it. Fortunately, I was able to do a hi-res scan of them and supply them for you here.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Centuri_Lectra-Line_EFC-44_instructions_600dpi.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.97 MB  
Old 09-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithwalker
Hi John, thank you for your kind words. Likewise, it was nice meeting you and your wife at NARAM 60 in Pueblo. Great job on the reproduction Centuri Lectra-Line EFC-44 Ignition Outfit launch controller! It was my pleasure to supply you with the dimensions. Now all you need is a copy of the original instructions to go along with it. Fortunately, I was able to do a hi-res scan of them and supply them for you here.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR

Thanks again, I had already cloned the LIA-50 (thanks Gus) and those instructions will complete the set.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Master Modeler

Here's a puzzle: I was paging through old Centuri catalogs online in order to see when the LIA-77 first appeared and when it disappeared from the catalog (I have little placards with that info on the pads that I bring to our September club launch to go with the actual hardware - and I picked up one of the replica LIA-77s from the fellow on here who was selling them a few months ago).

The drawings in the screen capture in post #91 above have a 1968 date on them....yet the LIA-77 was in the earliest Centuri catalog on Ninfinger - the 1962 edition - here . The LIA-100 is a few pages further on.

So were those 1968 drawings updates to the legs on LIA-77 and LIA-100? Or.....?
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 AM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
So were those 1968 drawings updates to the legs on LIA-77 and LIA-100? Or.....?

What reason do you have to suspect that the 1968 drawings were updates?
MTMA Section #606 President
Old 09-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
What reason do you have to suspect that the 1968 drawings were updates?

Are you suggesting that Lee waited at least six years after the parts were in production to do the drawings the first time?
AMA 42160
KG7AIE