Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Master Modeler

I haven't re-checked every rocket kit listing on the Quest website, but at least for the relatively few I looked at, I didn't see the recommended Q-Jet motors listed (I suppose they could be gradually updating their website's kit listings to include them, or be about to do so soon). It's no big deal for us to figure out which Q-Jet motors are proper matches for which kits, but including that information on their website (and in the kits themselves, of course--addendum stickers could be affixed to already-produced kits). Also:

I'm glad to see that not only do the kit listings on their website include the compatible Estes motors for each kit (they've been doing this for a while), but that they also list comparable Estes model rocket kits (here is just one example of these listings [for their Quick-Q kit, in this case]: http://www.questaerospace.com/Quick...5_16428946.aspx ).
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 05-16-2018, 09:06 PM
Sometimes collector

Posted this also to the Aerotech thread, Q-jets are here! Got a shipping notice 6 days ago and they arrived today, they look very nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  803C8DD0-995F-4B5A-A092-097F7DAD1368.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  562.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  9C72FE47-804A-43E3-8B00-A14E60C7B6D9.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  414.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  FF559B48-F173-4B4C-9BB4-E8CD3F800ACF.jpeg
Views: 40
Size:  660.4 KB  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
Posted this also to the Aerotech thread, Q-jets are here! Got a shipping notice 6 days ago and they arrived today, they look very nice.

Where did you order from? Directly from Quest or have they hit the vendors?
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 PM
Sometimes collector

Directly from quest the first day they could be ordered .
Old 05-17-2018, 12:47 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Will be ordering as soon as the C and D motors are actually AVAILABLE.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-23-2018, 01:48 AM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

I received an e-mail today from AeroTech/Quest that my Q-Jet motor order has shipped.

YEAH!
Old 05-28-2018, 09:34 PM
Scale Modeler Extrodinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Yes....but will they be contest certified?

That's my question as well - I'm particularly interested in the 'C' motor for NARAM for eggloft...

One person had a some of the 'B' motors at FITS over the weekend - impressive performance but he had a tough time getting them lit - both flights failed to light first try. I don't think I'd be brave enough to use them for the 5xB cluster...
Old 05-28-2018, 11:24 PM
Master Modeler

I have since learned that the A and B motors will be considered "contest certified" in the very near future.

If they follow the process as I understand it, then the Cs and Ds which were just certified by TRA should be also just shortly before NARAM. But that's based on a somewhat sketchy understanding.

Yeah, that C would be a good egglofter motor for sure.

I'm a little concerned that whoever that was at FITS was having trouble getting them to go. I guess I'll find out for myself when I can. I still haven't heard from Quest directly - I ordered some in late April. So when buyrocketmotors.com emailed they had them (As and Bs) last Friday I ordered some from them and they have been shipped and are due here in a week.

Usually the smoky propellants aren't the hardest ones to get lit.....but it sounds like I'll be finding out what other "initiators" besides FirstFire micros will work. Maybe it's time for me to make some more really small Quickburst igniters....

ADDED: I just checked on the NAR site and looked at the combined certified motors list. It was updated yesterday and now shows the Q-Jet A and B motors as contest approved and the Cs and Ds as "pending". Since the latter were certified on May 12th by TRA (per data from Mark Koelsch posted on TRF), they should be contest approved by mid-July. Of course we have to actually be able to get them, too. The Cs and Ds aren't even listed on the Quest website yet....never mind other vendors' sites.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE

Last edited by BEC : 05-29-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:06 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I have since learned that the A and B motors will be considered "contest certified" in the very near future.

If they follow the process as I understand it, then the Cs and Ds which were just certified by TRA should be also just shortly before NARAM. But that's based on a somewhat sketchy understanding.

Yeah, that C would be a good egglofter motor for sure.

I'm a little concerned that whoever that was at FITS was having trouble getting them to go. I guess I'll find out for myself when I can. I still haven't heard from Quest directly - I ordered some in late April. So when buyrocketmotors.com emailed they had them (As and Bs) last Friday I ordered some from them and they have been shipped and are due here in a week.

Usually the smoky propellants aren't the hardest ones to get lit.....but it sounds like I'll be finding out what other "initiators" besides FirstFire micros will work. Maybe it's time for me to make some more really small Quickburst igniters....

ADDED: I just checked on the NAR site and looked at the combined certified motors list. It was updated yesterday and now shows the Q-Jet A and B motors as contest approved and the Cs and Ds as "pending". Since the latter were certified on May 12th by TRA (per data from Mark Koelsch posted on TRF), they should be contest approved by mid-July. Of course we have to actually be able to get them, too. The Cs and Ds aren't even listed on the Quest website yet....never mind other vendors' sites.

And Gary (or was it Charlie?) today said they were shooting for mid July shipping of the C's and D's. They're trying to catch up with the pre-orders for the A's and B's first.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:22 AM
Scale Modeler Extrodinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
And Gary (or was it Charlie?) today said they were shooting for mid July shipping of the C's and D's. They're trying to catch up with the pre-orders for the A's and B's first.

NARAM is early August - that's cutting things pretty tight even if they hold to schedule.
I'm already building my rockets for NARAM, it would be nice to know what engine I'll want to use.