Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Middle-Aged Rocketeer

A few close ups. The stills of the launch are from a movie I made with the digital camera. I would love to post it, but it is 1.5 KB and I don't know how that would work.
I store it upside down in the closet, BTW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  130_3044_1.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  94.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  130_3045_1.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  62.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  130_3048_1.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  90.0 KB  
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Master Modeler

Drew that is such a gorgeous model! I am sorry to hear about the rough landing, are there any parts that you need for its repair?

-Scott
Old 11-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Scott,
Thanks for the offer! Actually it's a very clean break and an easy repair; I just have to reglue one fin. It will be good as new.
I think I rushed a little and didn't stuff the parachute carefully enough. Another 10 feet and it would have been fine
I'd love to post the AVI somewhere; anybody have any ideas?
Drew
Old 12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Administrator

I just finished up the main construction of my Odyssey and I have to say it's been one of the most enjoyable kits I've built in a long time. What amazed me the most is how everything went together "just right". When I slid on the BT-80 "mechanism ring" I was half afraid that it would be too tight or there would be slop. Instead, it fit "just right". I would call the Odyssey a skill level 3~4 kit, but the instructions are so well written I think just about anyone could build one. There are so many four star features of this kit I don't know where to start. I already mentioned the instructions which came on a CDROM in pdf format. There are photos for every step and like I said above, it is one of the most well written plans I've ever seen. All of the parts are excellent quality. I'm working on a few other kits and I have parts dings for all of them. No dings on the Odyssey. All the of the extras are a welcome bonus. The plastic detail parts, styrene rods and plastic sheet for making your own details, and most of all the optional lighting kit. That thing is too cool! I didn't realize it alternated blue and red until I set it up. It reminds me of the shimmering nose cones on the Enterprise warp nacelles from the original Star Trek series.

I know I'm missing some other cool details, but I think everyone gets the idea. *LOL* I'm really impressed with the Odyssey and can't wait to see Scott's next kit. What ever it is, put me down for TWO!!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Master Modeler

Thank you for your kind words about the Odyssey The next kit will have a smaller parts count but still the same attention to detail. It is not a sci-fi kit but it definately has a "wicked" look to it. I am about a 3rd of the way through the written instructions and awaiting a huge tube order. With any luck the next Rokitflite kit is only a couple months away
Old 01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Scott, thank you for producing such a cool kit! Here's a nekid shot without any details. I still haven't decided on a paint scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  P1070158web.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  45.1 KB  
Old 01-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
Scott, thank you for producing such a cool kit! Here's a nekid shot without any details. I still haven't decided on a paint scheme.

Very nice!

It's even more impressive once the details get added. The hard part is knowing when to stop.