Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ
Default Chris Pearson is STILL my stalker

RP has a news release of USR Sonic 3100 where Chris Pearson felt it is duty to go there and make incorrect and unjustified comments because he has been stalking and harassing me since the 70's.

http://www.rocketryplanet.com/forum...read.php?t=8801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pearson
The phrase ".... while not cosmetically perfect" is Jerry-speak for "I dragged it out of the dumpster behind the plant!
Chris Pearson
Lifetime Member
Jerry Irving Fan Club

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pearson
As a matter of fact, I DO have first-hand knowledge of Irvine's method of obtaining his kit materials. I was a USR dealer in the early '80's and know for a fact that the fiberglass tubes that came with the USR Hi-Test 2650 kit that I built back then were rejects pulled from a dumpster behind the tubing plant, complete with markings indicating defects. If the tubes in that Sonic 3100 kit have blemishes, are yellowed or faded, they may well be tubes left over from the demise of Composite Dynamics, and that was almost 30 years ago. Thats how old those tubes may be! Many of the foam nose cones in the early USR kits were CD rejects, and unpaintable.

Irvine's usual method of getting parts for USR kits was to purchase close-outs from rocket companies going out of business (like CD) or to place small orders with other, legitimate rocket companies, because the tubing manufacturers wouldn't sell to him. They tend to do this when you don't pay your bills. He attempted to purchase tubing and motors from me when I was operating North Coast Rocktry.

And as for the Ace Infomation Reports (AIR), it indeed referenced Ace Rockets, which was operated by Korey Kline, who went on to work for Hypertek and later EAC. Irvine at the time was an Ace dealer (as was I), and used Korey's machine tools to make his parts. Korey may have even written parts or all of some of the reports. Irvine solicited technical reports from his customers which he then published under his or USR's name, and of course, the real author got neither credit or compensation.

Chris Pearson
"The truth is out there. . . you just have to ask the right people!"

The truth may be out there but it is not in Chris Pearson's head.

There are not and never have been dumpster tubes. There was only a brief time any CD parts were used and when CD was sold off it was Stargate not USR that purchased the airframe parts. So Chris Pearson is in error and engaging in trade libel, as usual.

There are a few other interesting errors and intentional attacks.

Chris was not a dealer per se. I went to LDRS and he promised to return the kits I didn't sell by UPS so I could catch my plane. 4 MONTHS later he had still not returned them and when he finally did, they had each been opened, I presume photographed and catalogued, and put back in incorrect order with many missing parts, presumably for industrial espionage. The man is a thief in my own experience.

Shortly therefater his Ace license expired and he was making bad and unpermitted copies of Ace and USR kits. That was North Coast Rocketry. He was the subject of the "GORC" parody catalog distributed at LDRS in Medina, I believe 3 or 4.

As for Hi-Test 2650 fiberglass tubes they were not from a dumpster. NVF had a west coast location at that time and was supplying ejection seat motor casings for the precursor to Universal Propulsion. My current supplier still makes those cases and still inspects each one and still offers me the "rejects" as well suitable for "structural applications", ie. airframes. No current kit uses them because my commercial users soak them all up and more. The markings he refers to are inspection marks where small voids were in one or more layers of the THIN fiberglass tubes. I purchased them at half price, and all consumer feedback was sensational.

It's true the CD nose cones needed to have the silicon mold release cleaned off before painting, but USR used balsa nose cones from the day CD went out of business IIRC 1982 or so.

The Sonic 3100 tubes were made about 1995-6 from a west coast vendor and are MUCH stronger than the Ohio supplier. None have EVER been reported as shredding and we certainly tried with HPR motor testing up to 75mm. Just this month my son was walking over an entire "floor of boxes" of BT-30-24 on top of which we have stacked some other tube sizes like 98mm motor liners and such and asked why we had so many of them. We do have plenty. They were the tubes showcased on rocketmaterials.org as the strongest conventional paper tubes in the world.

While it is true that I purchased over a dozen companies when they failed in the marketplace, it is not true that those parts were ever used. Some techniques were, but for the most part all USR designs and methods were developed by me and are still in use.

In short Chris has a stick up his a** over me, always has, always will, and in no way needs facts to feed his predeliction to do so. His internal fictions and fears are plenty sufficient.

Korey made Ace kit parts and I made USR kit parts. Another Pearson-ism debunked.

I personally wrote and published all the AIR reports, all the USR instructions, all the Ace Rockets instructions and even some stuff for Aerotech. The AIR-3 and 4 techniques were developed by Korey and myself by FLYING ROCKETS, particularly what we now call HPR long before Chris ever heard of it or tried it.

Chris Perarson is an outright liar.

Hey Chris, when Matt needed tubes for a Minotaur scale model, guess who he contacted. Ask him the quality of tubes he received.

Just unilaterally attacked Jerry

Last edited by Jerry Irvine : 07-01-2011 at 09:53 PM.