Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2023, 08:29 PM
Cardstock Designer

Default AC Supply: Thank You!

Been having issues placing orders from Alaska.

Hobbylinc won't send any motors, Estes will; but they have super high pricing.

After asking a member here where he bought his motors, AC Supply was the answer.

They won't send the E12-4 to Alaska, but they will ship to the Lower 48 no problem. They cancelled the E size engines and sent the 30 D-size really fast.

Placed an order with Hobbylinc at the start of Dec. 2022. It is not here yet, BT-50 tubes, wadding, misc parts, no engines. Still not here.

Ac Supply order was placed during Christmas, 15-packs of D12-3 (30 engines total) and 7-10 packs of BT-50 body tubes (total of 70-tubes).

Now I can get busy upgrading designs and getting them ready for a launch day.

Talk about customer service. The Ac Supply order arrived today. AC Supply contacted me about the E-size engines. Really impressed with their customer service skills and how fast they ship.

Plan to order 20-packs (3 each) of the E12-4 and 10-packs of the E12-6. I have a freight forwarder account for my home business. AC Supply will then have a Lower 48 address to send my items too, a week later , the freight forwarder, will deliver the order to me at home. Will cost about $100 in fees to put on a boat to Alaska, but in this case will save hundreds.

The question comes up how much does a hobby cost? Whatever you are willing to pay!

Thank you AC Supply for lowering my cost and excellent customer service that was provided!

Mike Bauer
Old 01-04-2023, 08:22 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

You should look into non-haz-mat-mailable Aerotech composite reloadables.
More impulse than Estes as well. Most of the E offerings in the RMS24 are close to full 40n-sec.
The ONLY way I buy Estes E or F engines is in either the hobby shop or in the past ordering from retailers that did not charge haz-mat shipping somehow.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 01-07-2023, 09:05 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
You should look into non-haz-mat-mailable Aerotech composite reloadables.
More impulse than Estes as well. Most of the E offerings in the RMS24 are close to full 40n-sec.
The ONLY way I buy Estes E or F engines is in either the hobby shop or in the past ordering from retailers that did not charge haz-mat shipping somehow.
Good suggestion, take a look at Q-Jets too, the E26, the new E35, and the soon-to-be available F41 are all non-hazmat.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 01-07-2023, 12:34 PM
Cardstock Designer

Default Aero-Tech: Future Testing

Yes, planning on Aero-Tech.

Aero Tech will be tested after flying on Estes.

I do have a RMS18/20 case and planning on the 24mm size next.

Been looking at Blue Thunder and the White Lightning reloads. Really like the weight savings for these over the Estes.

Main reason for Estes is from having flown with these motors before.

My next purchase will be for 20 each E12-4 and 10 each E12-6. $$big chunk/will be placing order today. (Placed $300.76 added some 29mm E & F-they are shipping it to Auburn, WA and from there they will be on a boat to here-approx: $100 shipping includes small package fee of $40)

Then budget/purchase Aero-Tech products next month.(promotion at work-sizable increase in pay-better spend it before other budgets grab it)

Hoping to get a launch today, airplane flying season is getting close, day light is increasing-best time to sight see the Alaska Ranges. Blue sky and white snow/ice. Want to have several rockets tested before summer and rain hit.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer : 01-07-2023 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:29 PM
Craftsman

In most cases you can get by with a single motor instead of clusters as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer
Yes, planning on Aero-Tech.

Aero Tech will be tested after flying on Estes.

I do have a RMS18/20 case and planning on the 24mm size next.

Been looking at Blue Thunder and the White Lightning reloads. Really like the weight savings for these over the Estes.

Main reason for Estes is from having flown with these motors before.

My next purchase will be for 20 each E12-4 and 10 each E12-6. $$big chunk/will be placing order today. (Placed $300.76 added some 29mm E & F-they are shipping it to Auburn, WA and from there they will be on a boat to here-approx: $100 shipping includes small package fee of $40)

Then budget/purchase Aero-Tech products next month.(promotion at work-sizable increase in pay-better spend it before other budgets grab it)

Hoping to get a launch today, airplane flying season is getting close, day light is increasing-best time to sight see the Alaska Ranges. Blue sky and white snow/ice. Want to have several rockets tested before summer and rain hit.

Mike