Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I hear from him by email every couple of years. Next time I will suggest YORF. His experience with ROL and rmr was shall we say bad.

Jerry

I rarely look at ROL (especially since it changed) and I'm not sure what rmr is. He is on my
Yahoo 360, so maybe I'll send a friendly message his way before the day is over. He took this pic of my Saturn -IV Mercury Dual Eggloft (Altitude) liftoff at the Toilet Bowl Regional
we had at Dripping Springs, TX (southwest of Austin) back in 1978. This was my first (of
many) attempt at using the flash bulb ignition method, and the photo Matt took remains one
of my all time favorites to this day. The other thing we had in common during the weekend
of that Regional was it was HOT, HOT, and HOT!!!! Both days were well over 110 degrees F and I never (before or since) had the amount of discomfort on my skin (arms, hands, neck, etc) as I did for the three or four weeks following the event.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  of=50,322,442.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  22.6 KB