Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Almost shovel ready

Default More chickens roosting

Old 09-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
The White House press secretary addressed a report in the British press that the U.S. had prior intelligence of an attack on the U.S. embassy in Libya saying the report was false.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...e-had-prior-int
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Master Modeler

Funny how history seems to have a way of repeating itself. It seems I remember another time when we had a poor President and a Middle East country thought they could walk all over the US.

I also remember how fast that conflict was resolved when the perception was that a Strong president was on his way into office.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Master Modeler

You're all grasping at straws. This election "contest" is over. Obama will win reelection by a comfortable electoral college margin and the way Romney has been stepping on his carrot, it's looking more and more likely he'll top Romney in the popular vote as well and may exceed 50%.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Old BAR

You are dreaming, PO. Wishful thinking will not make it so.

Especially after considering his and his staff's total incompetence at their handling of the tragedies recently in the Middle East. He is a total failure. His backing of the muslim brotherhood is a laughable, dismal failure. They are laughing at him all over the world. It is sad how low he has brought the once mighty United States of America. We are seen as weak by the Arab radicals, and they use this weakness against us. Such a man-child has no business leading us any longer.
His failure(s) will cost him this election, thank goodness.

Allen
Old 09-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag

Especially after considering his and his staff's total incompetence at their handling of the tragedies recently in the Middle East. He is a total failure. His backing of the muslim brotherhood is a laughable, dismal failure. They are laughing at him all over the world. It is sad how low he has brought the once mighty United States of America. We are seen as weak by the Arab radicals, and they use this weakness against us. Such a man-child has no business leading us any longer.

Allen

Besides, it would be really super-duper nice to have a president in the White House that actually loves this country. The palpable disdain the current occupant exudes over this country is sickening and is a disgrace to the American public.

The only rhetoric he seems to be able to sling (and his stump speeches seem to be full of it) is the tired old class warfare and wealth envy trash that soooooo many seem to buy into. "You elect me and I'll take that millionaire's money (simply because he has more than you) and give it to you because, by God, YOU deserve it!"

Please, someone spray a 'liberal' dose of Obama-Be-Gone soon!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Master Modeler

I pity you for believing the fabricated, misrepresentations foisted on you and your willingness to believe them because they confirm your preconceived notions. The polls are beginning to show Obama ahead by more than the margin of error nationally and in Ohio. Mainline Republicans have condemned Romney and his campaign for the unconscionable way they reacted and then repeated their misstatements even after they were shown to be false.

Romney's candidacy is a dead man walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag

Allen
Old 09-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Master Modeler

It isn't rhetoric when it's demonstrable true and the growing wealth gap is the single most threatening situation to social stability in the U.S.

You're going to be in for another four years of personal misery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Besides, it would be really super-duper nice to have a president in the White House that actually loves this country. The palpable disdain the current occupant exudes over this country is sickening and is a disgrace to the American public.

The only rhetoric he seems to be able to sling (and his stump speeches seem to be full of it) is the tired old class warfare and wealth envy trash that soooooo many seem to buy into. "You elect me and I'll take that millionaire's money (simply because he has more than you) and give it to you because, by God, YOU deserve it!"

Please, someone spray a 'liberal' dose of Obama-Be-Gone soon!

Earl
Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Olivola
It isn't rhetoric when it's demonstrable true and the growing wealth gap is the single most threatening situation to social stability in the U.S.

You're going to be in for another four years of personal misery.

As perceived by the liberals. Yet when that strong president came in 30 years ago, he helped lift ALL up by helping the "greedy" reach. Even the poor were lifted.

And BTW Pete, you do not want me to get into with a liberal about the "poor" of the United States. I already have to deprogram my wife from her black history class in college. The professor (who may or may not be liberal, I leave it to the reader to decide) has mentioned that ALL white people (regardless of whether their ancestors were in the US at the time of slavery, regardless of whether they live in the north or south) have benefited from slavery and therefor are liable for it and any perceived wrongs or restitution.

Now Pete talk to me. Talk to me about the poor in the United States. If you REALLY REALLY want to know, I will tell you from a first hand experience. I will tell you about the "safety nets" available to citizens and to illegals alike. "Safety Nets that allow our "poor" to live like anything but poor in most of the rest of the world.

Take the blinders off Pete. Take the blinders off and see what the current president's policy's and attitude's are doing to this great country.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Master Modeler

I reject your strawman categorically. It's the middle class that's being raped. It has shrunk in that time period by a significant margin, and it's the middle class that is the engine of the U.S. economy. You conservatives like to talk about rational economic decision making, but riddle me this: What is the rationale behind greed that is eviscerating that which creates real economic activity? The answer is, there is no rationale. Greed isn't rational. Therefore, it is entirely hypocritical of the right to talk out of both sides of its mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
As perceived by the liberals. Yet when that strong president came in 30 years ago, he helped lift ALL up by helping the "greedy" reach. Even the poor were lifted.

And BTW Pete, you do not want me to get into with a liberal about the "poor" of the United States. I already have to deprogram my wife from her black history class in college. The professor (who may or may not be liberal, I leave it to the reader to decide) has mentioned that ALL white people (regardless of whether their ancestors were in the US at the time of slavery, regardless of whether they live in the north or south) have benefited from slavery and therefor are liable for it and any perceived wrongs or restitution.

Now Pete talk to me. Talk to me about the poor in the United States. If you REALLY REALLY want to know, I will tell you from a first hand experience. I will tell you about the "safety nets" available to citizens and to illegals alike. "Safety Nets that allow our "poor" to live like anything but poor in most of the rest of the world.

Take the blinders off Pete. Take the blinders off and see what the current president's policy's and attitude's are doing to this great country.