Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2015, 09:32 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Yes, 40 of D was one of my favorites. (Verna rolls her eyes when I call her that)

Randy
www.vernarockets.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O14ET8K
https://www.facebook.com/RocketBabeDustStorm

LOL I like that... OL JR
Old 12-15-2015, 09:50 AM
BAR

Okay, so one good pic deserves another... Michele Specht as Dr. McKenna, first starship's counselor in Starfleet history... (as far as we know-- certainly first ship's counselor on the Enterprise). Hubba hubba...

I have to say, "The White Iris" episode ALMOST made me cry... don't want to spoil it for anybody who hasn't seen it, but there was a very touching moment in there that really resonated with me.

THAT is what they're REALLY doing right-- doing stories that really resonate with the audience... it's the thing that the studios have simply forgotten or toss out for mindless CGI fests... You actually get involved and get interested in these characters and find yourself rooting for them, rather than sitting back and just watching them "dance through the scenery" and trying to figure out a mindless plot like "Abrams Drek"...

Later! OL JR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  5d7020019f05958deac54d58d3040ef2.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  36.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  e6d2ec_519639aa8e664fa08b114863d9e5b72f.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  472.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  pic34.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  133.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  vlcsnap-2014-06-23-15h45m23s121_zps0b1b0ede.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  29.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  tumblr_nily2oyajX1qc2k4vo1_500.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  91.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  164756507217b80386887efe49dd6102.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  65.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  11406321_464379013723984_2909212881543749876_o.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  361.0 KB  
Old 12-15-2015, 12:44 PM
TRFugee

Did you catch Jamie Bamber (Apollo from the reimagined BSG) getting the "red shirt" treatment in the episode with Apollo? As John Wayne would say, "This episode is only big enough for one Apollo!"
Old 12-15-2015, 07:35 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Campbell
Did you catch Jamie Bamber (Apollo from the reimagined BSG) getting the "red shirt" treatment in the episode with Apollo? As John Wayne would say, "This episode is only big enough for one Apollo!"

No, never could get interested in the "new" BSG... too much like "Melrose Place" in space for me... tried watching a few episodes and just never could finish one-- I found it just boring and didn't like it, so I wouldn't know who "new BSG Apollo" was if he bit me... LOL

Later! OL JR
Old 12-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Dazed and Confused

I tried to watch the new BSG and stuck with it a while. I hated the constant shaky camera and other techniques they used that probably made some folks space sick. The show dove deeper and deeper into the deep end of a plodding soap opera and I gave up.

I've seen a couple of the STC episodes. I liked them, but it was hard for my mind to wrap (or warp) around the classic Enterprise set with a new set of actors. I could easily get used to it if they'd keep producing them.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:44 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Some of my favorite, or most memorable, series are those that I've watched almost continuously, rather than watching an episode a week for sometimes years. My wife and I watched "24" only on DVD, and it remains my favorite. We also watched all of "Lost" in a very short time.

Now I do the same with Netflix. I watched the 80-something episodes of 2005's BSG in a month. Seeing 2-3 each night really made the story stand out, and I'm not sure I would have seen the continuity I did.

Several more come to mind -- Breaking Bad, watched entire run in one week! Most addictive show I've ever watched. My wife and I refused to answer the phone, or the door! Dishes piled up in the sink. Amazing show.

We just started watching Homeland in October when we got Showtime. Blazed thru the first 4 seasons in no time (they are shorter -- like 12 episodes per season). Currently watching season 5, and it wraps up nex Sunday.

Right now we are anxiously awaiting the return of House of Cards.

I'm torn. It is tempting to just not watch anything that airs weekly. I love to have an entire show available right now!

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 12-16-2015, 12:12 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Some of my favorite, or most memorable, series are those that I've watched almost continuously, rather than watching an episode a week for sometimes years. My wife and I watched "24" only on DVD, and it remains my favorite. We also watched all of "Lost" in a very short time.

Now I do the same with Netflix. I watched the 80-something episodes of 2005's BSG in a month. Seeing 2-3 each night really made the story stand out, and I'm not sure I would have seen the continuity I did.

Several more come to mind -- Breaking Bad, watched entire run in one week! Most addictive show I've ever watched. My wife and I refused to answer the phone, or the door! Dishes piled up in the sink. Amazing show.

We just started watching Homeland in October when we got Showtime. Blazed thru the first 4 seasons in no time (they are shorter -- like 12 episodes per season). Currently watching season 5, and it wraps up nex Sunday.

I'm torn. It is tempting to just not watch anything that airs weekly. I love to have an entire show available right now!

I really like the "historical dramas" that have been coming out... Primarily "Vikings" and "Turn: Washington's spies"... I've watched those all back-to-back off the DVR and really enjoy them. Just finished the final episode of "Manhattan" (which is kinda far out, but kinda neat-- set in the middle of the Manhattan Project to build the A-bomb) and I enjoyed "Bomb Girls" before they cancelled it.

Later! OL JR
Old 12-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR

http://www.fu2016.com

Awesome show!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 12-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
I really like the "historical dramas" that have been coming out... Primarily "Vikings" and "Turn: Washington's spies"... I've watched those all back-to-back off the DVR and really enjoy them. Just finished the final episode of "Manhattan" (which is kinda far out, but kinda neat-- set in the middle of the Manhattan Project to build the A-bomb) and I enjoyed "Bomb Girls" before they cancelled it.

Later! OL JR

Yeah, I watched "Manhattan" last night too. Twice, to make sure I didn't miss anything. Is that it for the series? Can't wait for season two of Agent Carter.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Okay, so one good pic deserves another... Michele Specht as Dr. McKenna, first starship's counselor in Starfleet history... (as far as we know-- certainly first ship's counselor on the Enterprise). Hubba hubba...

I have to say, "The White Iris" episode ALMOST made me cry... don't want to spoil it for anybody who hasn't seen it, but there was a very touching moment in there that really resonated with me.

THAT is what they're REALLY doing right-- doing stories that really resonate with the audience... it's the thing that the studios have simply forgotten or toss out for mindless CGI fests... You actually get involved and get interested in these characters and find yourself rooting for them, rather than sitting back and just watching them "dance through the scenery" and trying to figure out a mindless plot like "Abrams Drek"...

Later! OL JR

There is a local weather lady named Meg Mcnamara of WEAR-TV. Google her and see if she is just as HOT as the counselor on STC.