Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2005, 08:09 PM
The_Ripper

Default EnerJet Uprated 2650 Sounding Rocket

I'm a big fan of the early EnerJet Sounding Rockets that included the 1340, 2250 and 2650. The numbers used for the kit descriptions stand for the body diameters, .134, .225 and .265"

I wanted to start a post to hopefully see what other EnerJet fans there are in this forum and hopefully see a few pictures of your projects as well.

Imagine my surprise when Bill posted the link to vote for these at the Semroc site for possible future offerings. Excited, you betcha!

I'll post more later and I'm trying to get permission to post a few images of other EnerJet rockets for this thread.

Also, a big thanks to SEL for the Nike-Ram tips & info as well as the SR1340 data you sent me. Thanks to Phred for scanning my EnerJet logo sheet to produce my decals for my future projects. Your decals rule!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Full Scale Enerjet Uprated 2650 Sounding Rocket LDRS XIII August 13 1994 Wichita KS.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  379.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Enerjet Uprated 2650 Sounding Rocket 3 AT H35-10J Installed 1st flight.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  316.3 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates

Last edited by snaquin : 09-14-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:55 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Enerjet fan here ! * raises hand *

will get pics of my 2250 clone this weekend if the weather is nice.

looks about like your 2650, actually ( orange nd black :-) .

one thing I noted was the maiden fligth motors being 3 x AT H35's... realising the H35 is 'only' 170 nsec, ut that thing must have really BOOSTED, being a lightweight vintage copy ?

my USR version (plywood fins,heavy tube,etc) was unreal going up on 3 x G45 or G72's (nice on F100;s too, will see if I have any decent vintage pics o fthat one as well ) .

~ AL

ps: do you have, or is it posted, the plans for the 1340 rocket ?
Old 09-15-2005, 05:53 PM
The_Ripper

I wanted to put some more info out here for the EnerJet 2250 Sounding Rocket. The January 1973 EnerJet News publication had a small write up for the EnerJet 2250. The original had a cluster of (3) 29mm tubes stuffed into a .225 dia airframe tube. The motor tubes had to have wedge shaped slots cut in the forward end of each motor tube to make them fit inside the .225 dia airframe tube.

Al I'd love to see some pics of your 2250 clone! Please post them when you can. Also in another thread "SEL" has a picture of a really nice EnerJet 1340 clone he made with the large payload option. I liked it so much I contacted him and it prompted me to get parts from Semroc to build one. A search for the 1340 is what lead me to discover the forum here!

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...ighlight=sr1340

SEL also sent me a parts list for this version and I have parts to build one but had to pick up all my rocket stuff to run from Hurricane Katrina. I'll get back on that project soon .....

{Edit: SEL sent me this pic of an EnerJet 1340 with the large payload section as featured in the 4th Ed. Handbook of Model Rocketry and I asked him if I could refer to it in my thread - also attached}. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  From EnerJet News Vol 4 Jan 1973 Page 4.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  271.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Enerjet 1340 Sounding Rocket 4th Ed Handbook of Model Rocketry.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  127.0 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate

Last edited by snaquin : 09-15-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I'm a big fan of the early EnerJet Sounding Rockets that included the 1340, 2250 and 2650. The numbers used for the kit descriptions stand for the body diameters, .134, .225 and .265"

<snip>
Also, a big thanks to SEL for the Nike-Ram tips & info as well as the SR1340 data you sent me. Thanks to Phred for scanning my EnerJet logo sheet to produce my decals for my future projects. Your decals rule!

You're very welcome - I look forward to seeing pics of the finished rocket.
Here's a somewhat fuzzy photo of my North Coast SR2650 Reduced Size on 3D12's.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  2650_b.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  161.2 KB  
Old 09-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Master Modeler

This may be old news and if so, I apologize. ARG has several clones of the Enerjet and Mini Max models for sale. They aren't named the same but they are clearly based on these old kits.

http://www.argrockets.com/

Look under Rocket Kits - ARG Rockets - Trident Series

Two versions of the 3 engine cluster 2250. One near actual size and a smaller version.

Look under Rocket Kits - ARG Rockets - Millenium Series

The Sky Probe is basically a Hustler. Others are similar.

rraeford
Old 09-16-2005, 03:27 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
You're very welcome - I look forward to seeing pics of the finished rocket.
Here's a somewhat fuzzy photo of my North Coast SR2650 Reduced Size on 3D12's.

Now that's what I'm talking about! I bought several of the original Pre-Estes NCR kits when they were in business but I never got around to the EnerJet replicas. When I finally decided I wanted to order them from NCR they stopped producing those two kits

Sean that looks great! Do you still own that one?
SAM# 0052

Last edited by snaquin : 09-16-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:32 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraeford
This may be old news and if so, I apologize. ARG has several clones of the Enerjet and Mini Max models for sale. They aren't named the same but they are clearly based on these old kits.

http://www.argrockets.com/

Look under Rocket Kits - ARG Rockets - Trident Series

Two versions of the 3 engine cluster 2250. One near actual size and a smaller version.

Look under Rocket Kits - ARG Rockets - Millenium Series

The Sky Probe is basically a Hustler. Others are similar.

rraeford

rraeford

Thanks for posting the link. Taras with ARG Rocketry sent me a T222-24 from Naram-47. I started a build thread but I haven't gotten very far along with it because I had to pick up everything and bag all my rockets due to the evacuation from Hurricane Katrina just as I was getting started on it. The ARG T222-24 kit contents and info are at this link. I will do a full review for this kit for EMRR.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...ghlight=t222-24

Taras gave me permission to post some pictures he sent me of his Trident Cluster Series kits (Some that are not on his website yet) and I will post those to this thread later today or tonight. His kits are great quality and Taras is a pleasure to deal with.

{Edit: Added pictures from ARG Rocketry of Taras @ NARAM-47 with Trident Cluster Series and Black Brant kits and a few from his personal flights of the T222-24 prototype. The large rocket he is holding is the T265-29 and has not yet been released}.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Taras at NARAM-47 with Trident Series.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  189.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  T222-24 Recovery.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  121.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  T222-24.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  282.5 KB  
SAM# 0052

Last edited by snaquin : 09-16-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:30 PM
The_Ripper

Default What EnerJet Rocket Is This?

Ok, I have a difficult question for some of you guys that have been around rocketry a while. What two stage rocket is this in this picture taken from the cover of this EnerJet 2650 brochure #EP-78? The large rocket in the hands of the lecturer and laying on the table have the markings of the EnerJet 2250 but I'm guessing the one in his hands is a 2250 and the one on the table is a 2650. The small rocket on the table has the EnerJet 1340 booster and fin can with a reducer to the upper airframe.

What is the two stage rocket in the foreground supported on the block of wood? I don't remember a Centuri / EnerJet rocket with that fin pattern in particular. Looks like it could be the 2250 for a booster reduced to what smaller rocket?

I know this didn't make it into production but wondered if it was something like the Centuri Saturn 5/X-24 EnerJet powered combination as featured in the EnerJet News No. 1
The print at the bottom of that article says "Hot Flash" Research on an EnerJet booster is underway. We'll keep you posted". There is a link to this EnerJet news on the JimZ site:

http://www.dars.org/jimz/ejn01.htm

Attached Thumbnails

Name:  EnerJet 2650.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  288.4 KB  
SAM# 0052

Last edited by snaquin : 09-16-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Now that's what I'm talking about! I bought several of the original Pre-Estes NCR kits when they were in business but I never got around to the EnerJet replicas. When I finally decided I wanted to order them from NCR they stopped producing those two kits

Sean that looks great! Do you still own that one?

I do - a little worse for wear, but still flyable (see attached).

I think I'm going to replace the motor tubes, though. They took a beating after dropping in from 800' without a parachute :-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Ella_2650.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  128.9 KB  
Old 09-16-2005, 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=SEL]I do - a little worse for wear, but still flyable (see attached).QUOTE]

Ahhhh..... I probably should mention that the picture shows my granddaughter holding the 2650, not me. (I know that some of you are easily confused :-) ).

Sean