Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Default A first on YORF!

Well, Jonathon Dunbar (Cohetero-Negro) has the distinction of being the first person to be banned on YORF! He's been given plenty of warnings in the past. I had it after seeing his last post, which has now been deleted. Don't ask if you don't know what the post was. Those that were following that thread know what I'm talking about.

Scott
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Well, Jonathon Dunbar (Cohetero-Negro) has the distinction of being the first person to be banned on YORF! He's been given plenty of warnings in the past. I had it after seeing his last post, which has now been deleted. Don't ask if you don't know what the post was. Those that were following that thread know what I'm talking about.

Scott

Wow. I'm shocked and saddened.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Master: Dark Art of Model Rocketry

He lived down the street from me in Pittsburgh, Ca.

Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry

www.shrox.com
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:

Scott

Your house, your rules - no problem here.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Out to launch...

I'm sorry I missed his last words, it must have been epic!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Master Modeler

Jonathan is a skilled old-time rocketeer. I really wish he'd stick with hobby discussions.
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
Jonathan is a skilled old-time rocketeer. I really wish he'd stick with hobby discussions.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the first post in this thread, and that in spite of the post that convinced Scott to ban him.....

But....as DaveR said - Scott's house, his rules.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj

Yeah, quite true... I enjoyed meeting him at NARAM in Cincinnati...

I've got a buddy who was in Vietnam... once in awhile the subject at the bus barn would roll around to politics, and he never said a word... He told me later that he's STRICTLY APOLITICAL-- there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we can do about stuff anyway, and so there's no point in even wasting time disussing it.

From my own experiences "fighting the system" I have to say that he's right... and I'm coming more and more around to his way of thinking...

Life is LOT better when you just quit watching the news and paying attention to politics...

Later! OL JR
Old 02-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:

Scott
This news brings me no joy, nor would it if the banned person in question was Peter Olivola, for I believe in the free marketplace of ideas...however, I don't own this particular market, and I also believe in property owners' rights, whether the property be physical or virtual.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Yeah, quite true... I enjoyed meeting him at NARAM in Cincinnati...

I've got a buddy who was in Vietnam... once in awhile the subject at the bus barn would roll around to politics, and he never said a word... He told me later that he's STRICTLY APOLITICAL-- there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we can do about stuff anyway, and so there's no point in even wasting time disussing it.

From my own experiences "fighting the system" I have to say that he's right... and I'm coming more and more around to his way of thinking...

Life is LOT better when you just quit watching the news and paying attention to politics...

Later! OL JR
A growing number of local folks here (including Steve Floyd, a local radio host and Army veteran who once advocated that everyone *must* vote as a patriotic duty) have gradually joined--although it was actually a process of individual realization rather than an organized effort--an apolitical movement. They are withdrawing from politics and re-organizing their lives and affairs in order to live as separately from the political system as possible. They no longer vote, but they do say that on rare occasions, "defensive voting" may be advisable--*but* (unlike what many folks might guess) they did *not* consider the 2012 Presidential election to be an occasion that merited defensive voting, as they considered both candidates to be extremely--and about equally--undesirable. Also:

While what they are doing is superficially similar to the "shrugging" that Ayn Rand wrote about, this apolitical movement goes much further than that. As Steve Floyd and two other local "apolitical inactivists" (Joshua Bennett and his brother [whose first name I can't remember]) discuss on their "Saturday Morning Wake-up Call" and "Patriot's Lament" radio shows on AM 660 KFAR, they are re-creating in their own lives the way that late-18th century Americans lived, both physically in terms of self-reliance (although with modern technologies) as well as politically. For example:

Instead of depending on government services for things such as road snow plowing, they contract privately (or do it themselves) to get it done. Similarly, they are growing, hunting, fishing, and canning their own food, and/or (depending on their circumstances) contracting privately with local farmers and wild berry pickers for their food. They are increasingly not using money for these transactions, but bartering their products and services instead--one local wild berry picker (and a frequent caller on the local KFAR talk shows), who calls himself "Hillbilly," uses almost no money at all for his family's needs and wants. In addition:

These apolitical inactivists are home-schooling their children (or sending them to private schools, where practicable), to keep them away from the regimented, "one-size-fits-all" educational methods of the public schools. When people have called in to the "Patriot's Lament" show to argue in favor of public schools, Steve Floyd and the Bennett brothers have listed the many American intellectual giants who were home-schooled, as well as pointing out the impressive academic statistics of today's home-schooled children. As well:

These apolitical inactivists are not thinly-disguised separatists or anarchists (although they do rightfully protect themselves and their neighbors). Rather, they are simply thoughtful people who asked themselves, "Why do we have to live the way we do in America today, with government poking its nose into every aspect of our lives and demanding more and more in taxes, when previous generations of Americans got along just fine with far less government?" As they studied how the earliest citizens of the USA lived, they found the answer: The more a person relies not only on himself or herself, but also works with other *individuals* to supply his or her needs, the less a person needs government, and therefore the freer he or she is.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Closed Thread