Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Maniac BAR's Avatar
Maniac BAR Maniac BAR is offline
Got it bad BAR
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 160
Default Latest projects

These are the last two I have been working on. The blue/silver is an Optima clone taken and built straight out of the JimZ plans and the unfinished one is a mega upscale BT-80 of the Maxi Red Max. I ment to upscale the Red Max but didn't realize I had used the other larger one to scale up. But then it allowed me to try my new interchangeable motor mounting system.
Anyone know where the heck I can get some orange metal flake tape to finish the Optima? It's the last bit I need to do to completely finish it.
Would anyone be interested in a complete kit of the motor mount system?
I also have included a picture of my design of an antizipper bead and heatshrink tubing to cover the knot you get when you join the Kevlar and elastic shock cords together. My shroud lines seem to hang up alot on the knot until I covered them with the tubing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Convertable mount inside body tube.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  441.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Convertable mount with cluster.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  459.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Convertable mount with single engine in tube.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  402.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Convertable mount single engine side view.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  323.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Convertable mount pieces b.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  416.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Optima almost finished b.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  474.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Mega Maxi Red Max prepaint.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  349.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Mega Maxi Red Max showing antizipper bead and shrink tube.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  412.7 KB  
__________________
Geoffrey

NAR 85416 L3 as of 4/2010

"There is never enough rope to do the job but it is always long enough to hang yourself up with problems"

Last edited by Geoffrey Kerbel : 04-23-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-26-2005, 04:51 PM
CPMcGraw's Avatar
CPMcGraw CPMcGraw is offline
BARCLONE Rocketry
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 5,355
Post Finally adding one to the collection...

After seeing the pics of Der Red Max, I finally got around to starting one of my own. It's been on my "to do" list for some time, but not one of the priorities...

My starting point is a HL-purchased Screamin' Mimi (good starting point for a lot of classics! ), but I had to hand-cut the 2060 rings from some craft board found at Staples.


Craig...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Bob H's Avatar
Bob H Bob H is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Douglas, MA
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
After seeing the pics of Der Red Max, I finally got around to starting one of my own. It's been on my "to do" list for some time, but not one of the priorities...

My starting point is a HL-purchased Screamin' Mimi (good starting point for a lot of classics! ), but I had to hand-cut the 2060 rings from some craft board found at Staples.


Craig...


I just used the 2060 rings from a Baby Bertha kit and put the 24mm mount into the Baby Bertha.

You could also use the "sound tubes" from the Mimi and put a three motor cluster in the B.B.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-26-2005, 11:06 PM
CPMcGraw's Avatar
CPMcGraw CPMcGraw is offline
BARCLONE Rocketry
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 5,355
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob H
I just used the 2060 rings from a Baby Bertha kit and put the 24mm mount into the Baby Bertha.

You could also use the "sound tubes" from the Mimi and put a three motor cluster in the B.B.



I 'partly' did one of those suggestions -- I used one of Mimi's sound tubes for the engine tube, and one of the thin rings for an engine block. The wire-art sculpture Estes calls an engine hook was straightened out and turned around, which gives me the "standard" clip end at the rear. I had a mylar ring from a Hi Flyer kit left over, and used that as a hook retention, much like the original kit.

Craig...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2019