Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Creator of 'STONE TREK'

Default Bunnell, FL

Anyone here familiar with the group that flies at Bunnell , FL... or know of any details concerning the rocketry activities there? Cuzzin' Mike and I are interested in going up to one of the launch sessions, since we can do it cheaply enough (we have relatives in Bunnell).
Any info, a website, schedule-of-events, e-mail address would be welcome!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain
Anyone here familiar with the group that flies at Bunnell , FL... or know of any details concerning the rocketry activities there? Cuzzin' Mike and I are interested in going up to one of the launch sessions, since we can do it cheaply enough (we have relatives in Bunnell).

Yep. That is NEFAR. Here is their web site.

http://www.nefar.net/

I wish I could join you. I've been meaning to get there and join this group for years now. Working every weekend gets in the way of that.

"Those who trade liberty for security have neither" - Benjamin Franklin

"Semroc is almost always the answer" - Stefanj

www.paulsavia.com

www.soundclick.com/paulsavia
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Roger Smith/JonRocket.com

Quote:

NEFAR's web site:

http://www.nefar.net/

Photos from the last NEFAR launch:

http://www.payloadbay.com/article-n...ch-of-2011.html

Videos from the last NEFAR launch:

http://nefar.net/gallery/2011-01/index.html

NEFAR is a great group of people. The club is very well run and the launch site is really nice (but, let's hope the Clegg's continue to plant grass!). The site has a "Port-o-Potty" and a group of scouts are almost always on-hand selling hamburgers and hotdogs.

Oh ... and there are rockets!

NEFAR launches the second Satirday of each month (except December or when weather is a problem). Always check the launch status at the web site before heading to a launch.

-- Roger
Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Creator of 'STONE TREK'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox
NEFAR is a great group of people. The club is very well run and the launch site is really nice (but, let's hope the Clegg's continue to plant grass!). The site has a "Port-o-Potty" and a group of scouts are almost always on-hand selling hamburgers and hotdogs.

Oh ... and there are rockets!

NEFAR launches the second Satirday of each month (except December or when weather is a problem). Always check the launch status at the web site before heading to a launch.

-- Roger

I'm assuming there is some MPR action going on there. That's something I want to see myself... even some HPR if available!

I looked at the website and saw a two-day event in June, I think it was... that might be the ticket!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Roger Smith/JonRocket.com

Quote:
I'm assuming there is some MPR action going on there. That's something I want to see myself... even some HPR if available!

The members fly a everything from tiny low-power to huge high-power rockets and everything in between.

We didn't get a photo of them together - and I'm not sure its possible to get them all in one picture - but there were three sizes of the Odd'l Rockets Break Away at the last NEFAR launch. Chris had his tiny MicroMaxx downscale (about 3 inches tall) and the standard kit (about 12 inches tall). I flew my upscale version which is about 12 feet tall.

Quote:
I looked at the website and saw a two-day event in June, I think it was... that might be the ticket!

The "Half-Blast!" I wouldn't recommend June as the best time to come to a launch. The heat can be overwhelming. But, if you're as crazy as the rest of us - and you have something you want to fly - come and you'll enjoy it. :-)

-- Roger
Old 01-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Creator of 'STONE TREK'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox
The "Half-Blast!" I wouldn't recommend June as the best time to come to a launch. The heat can be overwhelming. But, if you're as crazy as the rest of us - and you have something you want to fly - come and you'll enjoy it. :-)

-- Roger

Shoot, man! I'm a native Floridian!
I know what June is all about.
I also know what July and August and sometimes a little bit of September is all about...