Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Craftsman

Default On File At TRF

I'll trade you "My Today" for "Your Yesterday".
We might want to swap back eventually, but I'de really like to be held to a higher standard than the dregs I must share this Earth with.
At least for a little while...
I've had to deal with some of the most insane and absolutely foolish people in my lifetime...

The Rocketry Community is great, but the REST of Society does not impress me at all, and even repulses me.
I'm like Howard Phillips Lovecraft in New York.

I don't even know how to use the ****ed slide rule,(Yet), but it mesmerizes me, and compels me to face my weakness.
It proves my Human Nature and validates me amongst my compatriots. I will watch Youtube to the point of distraction til' I can do one simple equation, or be ****ed to Eternity!

Is this what "The Rocketry Community" thinks of Joe and Jane Six-Pack?
Old 05-08-2016, 10:29 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Most that are involved in the Rocketry hobby (and organized club R/C flying as well) seem to me to be FAR more intelligent and logical than the vast majority of John/Jane Q. Public types.
Some of the people one meets I'm honestly surprised they are smart enough to breathe, and that is NOT meant to be pompous or condescending; just an honest and truthful observation.
I think the overall level of society has been "dumbed down" to the EXTREME even compared to 20 years ago. Compared to 30 years ago the average intelligence level is a MAGNITUDE below that of in the 80's. I blame a LOT of this on 'fluff' entertainment and fecal-laden supposed 'reality' TV.
The MAJORITY of what passes off as 'news' today would not have even been considered airworthy as ENTERTAINMENT on ANY channel back in the 80's.
One program that is puked forth upon us as supposed 'news' is Good Morning America on ABC; that program is nothing but a total POS that makes me literally want to PROJECTILE VOMIT upon a 10-second exposure to their never ending supply of tripe.
As an engineer I honestly find persons devoid of logic and deficient of intelligence not only bewildering but also annoying...thankfully I don't have to work with them...I KNOW that DOES sound Pompous, but it is HONEST....lol.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

Over the years I have had to work with many of them (and learned to talk at their level).

When I was in school there were standards, goals, and career paths. Those seem to have all been gotten rid of over the last 40 years. I wonder how much of that is why people don't want to achieve any more than they have to.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:03 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Most that are involved in the Rocketry hobby (and organized club R/C flying as well) seem to me to be FAR more intelligent and logical than the vast majority of John/Jane Q. Public types.
Some of the people one meets I'm honestly surprised they are smart enough to breathe, and that is NOT meant to be pompous or condescending; just an honest and truthful observation.
I think the overall level of society has been "dumbed down" to the EXTREME even compared to 20 years ago. Compared to 30 years ago the average intelligence level is a MAGNITUDE below that of in the 80's. I blame a LOT of this on 'fluff' entertainment and fecal-laden supposed 'reality' TV.
The MAJORITY of what passes off as 'news' today would not have even been considered airworthy as ENTERTAINMENT on ANY channel back in the 80's.
One program that is puked forth upon us as supposed 'news' is Good Morning America on ABC; that program is nothing but a total POS that makes me literally want to PROJECTILE VOMIT upon a 10-second exposure to their never ending supply of tripe.
As an engineer I honestly find persons devoid of logic and deficient of intelligence not only bewildering but also annoying...thankfully I don't have to work with them...I KNOW that DOES sound Pompous, but it is HONEST....lol.

Agree completely... ALL the morning shows are pure ****e... "Wouldn't line a birdcage with them" as the old saying about lousy print media used to go.

I hardly ever watch the "news" anymore. Most of it is sensationalist crap. I busted out laughing one morning-- now they're even covering "social media" as "news".

Gee, how f***ing desperate do you have to be to have a reporter standing around talking about COMMENTS made on Instagram and Facebook and all that crap ABOUT the news and call it "news".

Typical of the "dumbing down of America". It's worked. Most people nowdays are morons.

Later! OL J R
Old 05-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRIJoe
Is this what "The Rocketry Community" thinks of Joe and Jane Six-Pack?

No it is what one really sad fellow who seems to have nothing in his life except his paranoia and loathin g for other people. Sadly he is a veteran and ,as a fellow, I like to cut him a bit of slack. However that only goes so far as well.

WWW.CATOROCKETS.ORG
Old 05-08-2016, 01:07 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
Over the years I have had to work with many of them (and learned to talk at their level).

When I was in school there were standards, goals, and career paths. Those seem to have all been gotten rid of over the last 40 years. I wonder how much of that is why people don't want to achieve any more than they have to.

No more "reading, writing, and arithmetic" now it's "reading, writing, and RECYCLING"...

Most of the emphasis is on recycling.

Years ago I walked through the old middle school I used to go to back in the mid-80's... The cafeteria windows were plastered with some sort of essays or something for some contest or other. I thought for a minute it was the "special ed" kids because the writing was SO gawdawful... Heck we'd have never gotten out of elementary school writing that p!ss-poorly when I was a kid! Then I started recognizing some names of kids that rode my bus that I knew weren't special ed kids and realized that's just how far things have fallen nowdays.

Heck my daughter's school wasn't even going to teach them "cursive" (handwriting). We taught her at home.

Later! OL J R
Old 05-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Master Modeler

To get into this subject in the manner needed to really discuss it, I would have to be on that forum that allows political speech and first amendment rights .

Suffice it to say here, that political factions feel that keeping a certain groups as uninformed as possible is the best way for them to keep their power.

I believe the rocketry community as a whole and model rocketeers as a subset, have yearned for the knowledge and desire to leave these earthly bounds for such a long time that we are therefore impelled to learn and grow. That doesn't mean we don't do stupid things nor find some things (a certain posters obsession with pottie tricks) humorous that the hoi polloi would find immature and non-intellectual . It just means we pursue a particular knowledge that is perceived by the general masses to be highly involved.

Besides, sometimes you really need a good pull my finger gaseous joke, it relieves tension, so to speak.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Master Modeler

I don't know about Joe and Jane Six-Pack when I'm still trying to catch up with the Jones's!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:04 PM
TRFugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660
I don't know about Joe and Jane Six-Pack when I'm still trying to catch up with the Jones's!

I'm too busy downing a six-pack to worry about the Jones's!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:26 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I have an EX-wife that never wanted to try to keep up with the Joneses, she wanted to BE the Joneses everyone else wanted to keep up TO !
Needless to say that was one of the major reasons for our DIVORCE upon MY insistence.
We had more material possessions than ANY of our friends or neighbors.
We owned a 2400+ sq ft home on over an acre of land, a lake cottage in Northern Michigan, FOUR cars, TWO boats, TWO jet-skis, Supercross-type dirt bikes, a hot-tub, pool table, full-size arcade video games and pinball machines, etc, etc and it was never enough for her; she never endingly always talked about 'upgrading'.
I made the greatest upgrade of all; return to single life...lol.
She got the mortgages and I got the toys...pays to have a GREAT attorney.
i now have a wonderful Girlfriend of over 4.5 years that I've known for 30 years.
I always make the joke that "I got a watch for my wife and it was the best trade I ever made"...she got to pay for my watch out of the divorce settlement....she still asks me how much an 18K Rolie costs and I won't tell her....lol

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !