Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2016, 10:05 PM
BP Mafia

Only one flight thus far on my Mega Max. This is a surprisingly low lever flyer. I could probably fly it at B6-4 Field, but the proximity to US 27 scares me. If I get the opportunity, this is going to be my L1 bird. It's built like a tank.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 03-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Most impressive ability to stick to a theme I've seen. Bravo, I would have Max'd out after a couple ...

Here is my one and only Max so far, the Double Mini Max. I double dare you to do one like this, maybe doubled in size?

I've got a set of Sandman's decals for a regular Max, I really ought to build another.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  2015-09-05 16.30.17.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  1.40 MB  

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 03-11-2016, 10:36 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Most impressive ability to stick to a theme I've seen. Bravo, I would have Max'd out after a couple ...

Here is my one and only Max so far, the Double Mini Max. I double dare you to do one like this, maybe doubled in size?

I've got a set of Sandman's decals for a regular Max, I really ought to build another.

Has it flown yet?

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 03-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

I took it to the club launch last Sunday. I also took WAY too many rockets. Flew some old motors to see if I should keep the rest of their packs. Having them stored in a cool dry basement for 25 years is the secret to using old motors.

Once my grandkids showed up, we flew the their Sizzlers several times each. (Now I fully understand the appeal of the Estes RTF kits.). It got a little windy, and I still had not flown my Estes V-2 (BT-80) with micro buttons off my MakerBeam rail. When it calmed, I flew it, and had a perfect flight and recovery. Then it was near closing time so I packed it in.

I've decided I better fly the Double Mini Max first thing at the next club launch. I"m anxious to see how well it flies. I did sim it in Open Rocket and it was fine.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 03-12-2016, 10:44 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I took it to the club launch last Sunday. I also took WAY too many rockets. Flew some old motors to see if I should keep the rest of their packs. Having them stored in a cool dry basement for 25 years is the secret to using old motors.

Once my grandkids showed up, we flew the their Sizzlers several times each. (Now I fully understand the appeal of the Estes RTF kits.). It got a little windy, and I still had not flown my Estes V-2 (BT-80) with micro buttons off my MakerBeam rail. When it calmed, I flew it, and had a perfect flight and recovery. Then it was near closing time so I packed it in.

I've decided I better fly the Double Mini Max first thing at the next club launch. I"m anxious to see how well it flies. I did sim it in Open Rocket and it was fine.

Geez, I haven't even had a sniff of BP since November. As for the RTF stuff, I pick them up occasionally when they're cheap. They make for decent flying and if they get snagged I'm not too emotionally involved. Funny how they never seem to get snagged. With those big fins on the DMM I can't imagine it would be anything but stable. Pretty small and light, so it would get off the rod with a pretty good kick.

I miss being SAM 0058