Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2018, 05:54 AM
Rocket Huckster

Us and Shrox and several other vendors were banned when we refused to pay bribe money to post there.

As a bonus we were banned for listing kits in the for sale section. In my case it was extra's from my collection I was selling off. Not business related.

Anyway getting tossed out of there was a good thing. Made me realize all the time wasted in their didn't translate into sales anyway.
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 06-25-2018, 11:55 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRS
Us and Shrox and several other vendors were banned when we refused to pay bribe money to post there.

As a bonus we were banned for listing kits in the for sale section. In my case it was extra's from my collection I was selling off. Not business related.

Anyway getting tossed out of there was a good thing. Made me realize all the time wasted in their didn't translate into sales anyway.

Yep, why I specifically mentioned that...

I think they REALLY treated the vendors rotten, and that's just not something I wanted to support. The vendors are the backbone of our hobby, and without them, what do you have?? A debate group, not hobbyists...

Their abuse of anybody who was doing anything "creative" or displaying their artistic or creative side (like Shrox) while still expecting to maintain "ownership" of their own ideas was also disturbing to me... I dislike bullies and I dislike owners/operators of things that lay claim to everything within their field of view, simply because it IS in their field of view.

The new owners over there REALLY suck and through their policies they made it clear that the only ones they *really* wanted there were the "hold my beer and watch this* types and I have a low tolerance for that level of crap too, so I just decided to leave the party and not go back...

Later! OL J R
Old 06-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Rocket Huckster

Couldn't agree with you more. Haven't bothered with that place since we got the boot. But I predict this, once they close up that POS you watch the mass of TRFers we get here.

I hope Scott will put safeguards in place so the forum isn't overrun by children's temper tantrum behavior and word games.
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 06-25-2018, 09:39 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRS
Couldn't agree with you more. Haven't bothered with that place since we got the boot. But I predict this, once they close up that POS you watch the mass of TRFers we get here.

I hope Scott will put safeguards in place so the forum isn't overrun by children's temper tantrum behavior and word games.

Yep... it's happened before... anybody remember the great "TRF meltdown" a few years ago when the entire forum ended up in the crapper for several months because their server crashed and basically ate all the data... took them MONTHS to reconstruct it and even then the "old TRF" was "read only" and basically they had to start from scratch...

Remember the influx of TRFugees that made their way over here and generally just increased the noise level with very little content... but they could get their "fix" on a rocketry forum while TRF was in some electronic limbo for a couple months...

What really sickened me was how *SOME* people acted once they got an embryonic "new TRF" up and running... the exodus wasn't terribly unwelcome, but more than a few "snobs" over there then denigrated YORF at any opportunity, ranting about how lousy it was and how much they hated it or barely tolerated it... Didn't seem to bother them when it was their ONLY choice for a rocket forum for awhile...

Sorta reminds me of most of the turds we ended up with around here after Katrina... our area opened our arms to them and then how do they repay the hospitality?? By bad-mouthing how lousy it was and how mistreated they were and crying when they didn't get everything they wanted given to them on a silver platter, and even making threats to get what they want...

People like that can walk south til their hat floats and just keep going as far as I'm concerned... they are the lowest of the low and can just rot in their own filth next time as far as I'm concerned... Learned a LOT about some people that I *thought* were okay folks when circumstances present that side of their personality...

Later! OL J R