View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:27 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by naslrogues
I appreciate the replies but feel the need to clear up something. I have always used primer and sanding before painting my rockets. I even use wet sanding as a regular part of my finishing routine. I have always had good results with Krylon. What p*%%es me off is that they changed the formula and the paint/primer combo sucks! I do agree that Most rattle can paints are for the weekend DYI market. I use Tamiya cans for plastic models and small rockets but those small cans get expensive when finishing a larger rocket. I do appreciate everyone's input. I will try the brands mentioned.
Thanks everyone!

Ah, OK preaching to the choir... Well it's good to reiterate the reasons for newbs who might read this and not understand why this stuff is no good... After all, primer is primer right?

Krylon doesn't care about making a good product that suits it's customers... Its content to take the money off tinkerers who don't care or don't know any better...

Later! OL JR