View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
7/21/61

I just want to thank Ken (Rocket Doctor) for all he contributed to this year's NARAM.

The Golden Scouts were a fantastic idea, endorsed by rocketeers all over the country, and Semroc's implementation of it was masterfully done. Thankyou both for such a wonderful way to honor the Estes, and the hobby.

Ken's speech and presentations to Vern, Gleda, and Betty Estes at the Tuesday picnic were absolutely beautiful. Truly heartfelt sentiments delivered on behalf of all of us who benefited from all they've done, and continue to do, for the hobby. I don't think anyone could have honored them more with what they said than Ken did on behalf of all of us. And the presentation rockets were perfect. Thanks, Ken.

And another big thank you for building and donating the wonderful upscale Golden Scout to the auction ( just like the one you presented to Gleda) which Vern, Gleda, and Betty all signed. It was a wonderful thing to donate in support of the NAR and I'm thrilled to have been able to win it at the auction.

Finally, running into you and the Estes underneath the Enterprise at Udvar-Hazy on Friday was a very special treat. Learning about your next project, in that particular room, was a real honor. Please consider me donator #1 on the project, which I'm sure you'll roll out to the rest of the rocketry community soon. And I have every confidence it will be just as successful and worthwhile as your NARAM 50 efforts were.

Ken, again, thank you so much for all you did for all of us to make this a truly special 50th anninversary of the NAR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  KensPresentations.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  172.9 KB