View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 06:28 AM
Bona-Fide Space Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
-The councilman approves and supports the safe hobby of model rocketry for our youth.
-The councilman wants to help STEM students put their aerospace knowledge to use by allowing model rocket club to use park.

That's awesome. Thank-you.

I'm adding that to the teleprompter

See my natural inclination is to call these ignorant bags of puke out on their absolute stupidity. I keep that inside though, and write it all out later in crayon.

I need to be stroking their egos... I'm slowly figuring out how to do that. I'm to the point where the banner would read "Cobb County Parks and Recreation, in association with the National Association of Rocketry, Presents ROCKET FEST"

The point of getting a small field, is to use it several times and prove we are not going to burn the joint to the ground, frighten women, children, or gentleman of a weak constitution, or do anything else normally frowned upon in what passes for a polite society. Then, maybe, we can gain access to a larger field where we can actually STAGE!

Right now we have to trek about 150 miles to get to a field large enough for high-power. We don't have a high-performance Low-power field at all right now. I understand "Get thee to the country", but you gotta go a LONG way out there to escape Atlanta.