View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:44 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
luke

PHP Code:
 because the typical "3FNC" kits don't interest me at all anymore 

Can I assume you've not looked at any of the offerings from Estes in the past 8 years since there are LOTS of stuff that aren't simple 3 fins and a nose cone.

John Boren

Yeah, I've looked at plenty of Estes's offerings and bought more than a few... Love the sci-fi type kits and scale rockets.

I'm just commenting that basically those of us flying BP motors, primarily LPR/MPR, and not composite motors, rely primarily upon Estes for our motors. I bought quite a few of the Quest motors and they're good for *certain things* (light rockets you want to fly really high) but the "flea fart" ejections have bit me more than once... Of course with Quest not even really a player any more, that means we're even MORE reliant on Estes for a good selection and size of black powder rocket motors.

Like I said, "kits I can get anywhere"-- there are literally DOZENS of rocket vendors and companies manufacturing kits of various types and kinds nowdays, but when it comes to black powder motors, Estes is pretty much it...

Later! OL J R