View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Master Modeler

As we can all see, the thread "Motor matters" has generated a lot of discussion.

When the estes forum was up and running, we also discussed motors there. From the input that we received on the forum, I passed this information along to Barry and Joe Sieberlich, their engine production manager, also, Mike Dorffler got involved.

The type of motors were discussed, and, the B14 was shot down immediately. Also requested was the C5-3, mini boosters and lower power boosters. Right now, you can purchase an educators bulk b pack that included the B6-0, but, Estes is way too stubborn to put those in three packs for whatever reason.

I was told that a lot of motors were dropped because of the units sold didn't make it worth them to produce them anymore.

Estes deals in voulume and $$$, if it's not bringing in the bucks, it's dropped.

Also discussed was bulk packs of "D" motors being sold in walMart, which, Estes will not do either.

As I have mentioned previously under "Motor matters" we need competiton, Estes is the "bully" on the block, they know they don't have competition form anyone (Quest is not a threat as far as motors go) and they feel, if your going to fly rockets, you have to buy your motors from us.

The prices have jumped up again, way, way too high in my opinion.