View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Apollo Nut

Tim-

Wow, those stock fins ARE oversized, big time. I knew they were larger, but did not realize by how much.

Gosh, I had forgotten about your Power Systems set and sending the Centuri couplers. I can't believe that has been eight years ago! Funny the date I mention in the post two or three up from here that it would probably be *2019* before I got around to my Power Systems set. Well, I guess we are there now!

I have been building all along, but still have not gotten around to that set yet. I have never posted a single build, though I guess I should at some point.

Things got a little slower for me too for a while here as we cared for my mother in-home with her various illnesses and dementia for seven years. Between that and work, build time (and motivation) were kinda slim. Sadly, mom passed a couple years ago, but that was certainly not the way I wanted to 'gain' more time. That is the way of things sadly, and I know a number of members here have gone through the same sorts of things. But, I am trying to build more and use that as 'therapy' to help mend the heart and soul, so to speak.

Good luck with the build...and with the sanding! As things come to fruition, the sanding seems a bit less painful (the rocketeer's equivalent of "the blind seems warmer when the ducks are flying.").

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970