View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Incurable Model Rocketeer

Send a message via Yahoo to DeanHFox
Default An intro to those who don't know me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
As you join the team, add a brief resume to this thread so the other members know a little more about you. You might include such things as

1. Real Name and City/State.

My real name is Dean Fox. and I live with two redhead boys, a redhead wife, and my parents (whom I keep in the basement ) here in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.

Quote:
2. Local flying club.

WOOSH, a great bunch of folks here in the Milwaukee metro area.

Quote:
3. Year started flying.

I started flying model rockets with my Astron Alpha in 1967. Boy, I wish I still had my Electro-Launch.

Quote:
4. What you hope to gain from this experiment.

I'd like to help Carl & crew bring more kits to market (so my boys can build what *I* built as a youngster), and explore SLS versions of some of the kits (so *I* can build bigger versions as a grown-up!)

Quote:
5. What you want the team to accomplish.

If we can help Semroc and other manufacturers keep existing rocketeers intrigued and recruit new folks to the hobby, I'd be tickled!

Quote:
6. Your primary interest area (engines, rocket design, support, building, etc.)

I've always been interested in exotic designs...3FNC's just don't do anything for me (well, except my Alpha, but that's a different story...I didn't know any better!). I'm moderately handy with construction, design, and finishing.

I'm celebrating my 40th year in the hobby this year, and can't wait to see what lies around the bend of the next 40!
NAR #53946SR

---- "Wherever you go, there you are"