View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

My NSL fleet:

First, the Super Orbital Transport in the foreground. It got painted this morning, so I will apply decals tomorrow. My ancient Orbital Transport is in front if it for comparison (and wearing a brown haze from lousy clearcoat that went bad after a few years.)

From back to front, left to right:
Slick Willie, a shortened-from-a-crash NCR Patriot I first flew 5/17/92 at NARCON, on my 40th birthday, 25 years ago! Next, a Super Big Bertha (Broadsword), and next to that, my scratch-built Level 1 rocket from 1993.

Moving up, a Star Orbiter. Next to it, a 20 year-old scratch-built Mega Mosquito, with scale thickness balsa/ply laminated and fiberglassed fins. Sports a 1/2" launch lug (for upscaled) with a 1/4" lug hidden inside. Under it, laying flat, a Deuces Wild.

Moving up, a scratch Der Big Red Max, a chubby metallic red rocket -- Red Heat. Next, and hard to see, an Estes V-2 with scale fins. Next to it, an Estes Recruiter.

Moving up, a Semroc Mars Lander, to fly on 18/20 RMS with D13 reload. Next, my oldest rocket, an Estes Saros I built in 1976. Has not flown since the late 80s. Next, a Super Alpha.

Moving up, the scratch-built, flat black fighter, the Raven. It last flew in the 90s on 29/40-120 RMS with G33 reload. I've got one left for it. Next, in gray and purple, a 4FNC for flying some older/questionable motors. Next up, my scratch-built Astron Cobra (3X18mm cluster). I always wanted one as a kid. Now, as a senior citizen, I have one! It will make its maiden flight (as will the Dueces Wild, Mars Lander -- actually, about 1/2 of these.)

Moving up, a scratch built fighter/interceptor called Kestrel. It fly not particularly high on C motors, so I replaced the 18mm motor mount with a 24mm mount for D12s or E9s.

I tried to keep rocket count under 20, and I think I counted 19 here. It may be more than I can fly, but better to have too many than too few.

Sorry for marginal picture. I wasn't considering back lighting and I had to chop the picture to get it to load ... (upping the max file size from ~1.4MB to about 2MB would help a lot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1157.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  1.39 MB  

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp