View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Sure you can...

Edit the setting for the fin count to "1", then duplicate the fin three more times, changing the radial angle by 90 degrees for each fin. Set the color for three of them to yellow and the last one to black.

Thanks Craig!

I never thought of applying the fins in the design in that manner. I'll have to use that method next time I need to render different colors in the same fin set. The texture screen {origin, position, scale} is what usually give me fits ..... it never does what I expect it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
While not a true SLS-esque project, I do have an old Hornet project that I recently resurrected. In 2001, my brother in law did an upscale of Der Big Red Max based on an L.O.C. Lil Nuke. Ever since then I wanted to try something similar. That Christmas he bought me a Lil Nuke kit and I got started on what I called the Hemi Hornet. Not knowing a lot about what I was doing, I used a cheap 60 second epoxy to attach the fins and they came out wobbly. I got mad, stuffed the project under the rocket shelf, and forgot about it. I dragged it out and dusted it off last weekend. The fins look like the teeth you see on people buying scratch off lottery tickets, so I ripped them off and I'm going to start again. The decal was printed a long time ago and I don't know where it got to, so I guess that's going to have to be re-done also. Pics at this point are out of the question, but once it gets off life support I'll try to take a few.

Bill,

Sounds like an interesting project .....

"The fins look like the teeth you see on people buying scratch off lottery tickets, so I ripped them off and I'm going to start again" -

Does that mean the fins are black or are they missing?

Lil' Nuke would seem to be a pretty good basic kit to bash up and I like the name "Hemi Hornet". That LOC BT-2.14 tubing can take some serious abuse. How did you handle the upscale decal for it?

I never had an original Hornet and it seems it only ran in production for a few short years just before Centuri had run it's course. I really like the looks of the Hornet and the decal is pretty cool too.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates