View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Avid Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustdad
I just dug out my old ALPS MD1000 printer. I have about 20 ink cassettes as well. I tried to boot up an old IBM Thinkpad 770 (vintage 1999) with Win98 on it. Last time I used it the drivers had not been updated from Win95 as I recall. But it worked fine when I built a Orbital Sciences Taurus II scale model from scratch about 7 or 8 years ago.

It would not boot. 8^(

Went out to the interwebs and found a site with what looks like an updated driver set. Has instructions for Win7. I still have a Win7 machine, so that might work. Just need a USB to Parallel cable to hook the printer up. Heck, I think I might have one here somewhere...

Somebody is still selling the Alps printer cassettes--at $20/ea. Wow.

I still have some decal paper--stuff I bought from Tango Papa years ago. Everything in the house got jumbled up in a couple moves over the past 10 years.

Anybody still making decals on an ALPS printer?

Gordy Agnello (Sandman) had been selling decals printed from his ALPS printers until it became too difficult to repair and maintain them. But if you have any questions about running the ALPS printers he would be the go to guy, I presume.